Northern Explorer Train Ticket between Auckland and Wellington
- Journey across New Zealand in the most comfortable way possible and hop on the Northern Explorer Train!
- Purchase your ticket from Klook and experience the country’s longest-running passenger service
- Travel from Auckland to as far as Wellington, and enjoy the train's facilities from spacious seats to panoramic windows
- Make sure to stay awake during your whole trip as the Northern Explorer’s picturesque route is a must-see!
What to expect
For many travelers, riding on trains are often opportunities to relax or even take a quick nap after days of non-stop exploration. But if you’re visiting New Zealand soon, they have a train that is not one you’d want to sleep on! If you’re traveling between Auckland and Wellington, why not board the Northern Explorer? It is the country’s longest-running passenger service with incredible facilities that will turn your usual train ride to an unforgettable one! Enjoy their comfortable reclining seats with panoramic windows offering a breathtaking view of New Zealand’s landscape. They also have multiple destinations you can choose from including Hamilton, Ohakune, and Tongariro National Park. Book your tickets via Klook and journey across New Zealand with ease.
Things To Note
- Get your voucher within 1 day(s). If you do not receive a booking confirmation, please notify us
- Children aged 0-1 can join this activity free of charge
- Child ticket: Age 2-14
- Children aged 0-1 are free of charge but need to reserve a seat at the package section
- This vehicle is stroller and wheelchair-accessible
- This is a public transportation service, seating will be on a first come first serve basis
- If you want to have a seat next to your companion please make the booking in one transaction
- Please note that smoking and alcohol are not allowed on board the train and in the platform
- If you have any alcoholic beverages, it must be stored in your luggage during the trip
- The departure time might be changed due to weather conditions. Please be patient when unforeseen conditions happen
- Pets and smoking are not allowed onboard
- Outside food and drinks are allowed inside the train
- Luggage Information:
- Wheeled bags and cabin bags are not allowed inside the carriages and must be checked in. Please bring a small hand carry bag for items such as cameras, wallets, phones, medication, coats or jumpers, etc.
- The maximum weight for check-in luggage per person is 32kg
- Bags over 32kg will not be accepted and must be repacked
- You may carry a maximum of two additional pieces of luggage per person
- Maximum volume per bag is 200cm. This can be calculated by adding the height, length, and width of the bag all together
- Please note that the train does not carry tandem bikes
- Please indicate if you have excess luggage at the checkout page