Kolkata Market Tour
- Walk down the long stretch of bookstores along College Street
- Explore the wholesale bazaars of Kolkata where you can buy many souvenirs
- Visit India's largest fruit market and find various fruits of your own liking
- Wrap up the tour by visiting a hidden rooftop cafe in the city
- Lastly, you'll visit a hidden monastery where you can offer prayer
What to expect
The tour tries to bring forth the contrast in the life of local city dwellers. The choice of being part of the uncomplicated business community or artsy intellectual native folk. Come feel and experience the difference between finance and romance. Visit a native Bengali area at College street, browsing through alleys of books and old book stalls, a coffee break at the famous coffee house, initiation to becoming a Bengali and finding peace amidst the chaos at a hidden monastery. The whole sale markets (Burrabazar) are a place where non-Bengali culture has been in place for decades. A walk through India's largest and oldest wholesale fruit market and dive deep into the maze of wholesale markets that constitute the heart of Calcutta. Finally, head up to a secret roof top with a beautiful panoramic view of old Calcutta sipping on beer, tea or lassi and basking in the sunset.