Stonehenge Ticket in Salisbury
- See stunning stones that have stood for 5,000 years and learn about the mystery that surrounds them
- Get to visit this astonishing and mysterious circular structure that is aligned with the solstice
- Don't miss this spectacular UNESCO World Heritage Site when you find yourself in the United Kingdom
What to expect
The great and ancient stone circle of Stonehenge is one of the wonders of the world. What visitors see today are the substantial remnants of the last in a sequence of such monuments erected between circa 3000BC and 1600BC. Each monument was a circular structure, aligned with the rising of the sun at the midsummer solstice. There has always been intense debate over quite what purpose Stonehenge served. But what cannot be denied is the ingenuity of the builders of Stonehenge. With only very basic tools at their disposal, they shaped the stones and formed the mortises and tenons that linked uprights to lintels. Using antlers and bones, they dug the pits to hold the stones and made the banks and ditches that enclosed them Mystery surrounds this 5,000 year old monument in the center of the World Heritage Site. Visit this prehistoric site and decide for yourself whether Stonehenge was a place of sun worship, a healing sanctuary, a sacred burial site, or something different altogether! These discounted tickets give you direct access to the Stonehenge itself.
Things to note
Coronavirus: Health & Safety Measures
- Due to social distancing measures, the shuttle bus from the visitor centre to the stones, will be prioritised for those who need it. All visitors using the bus will be required to wear a face covering. All other visitors we need to take the 2.6 mile return journey by foot
- If you want to explore more attractions in the UK, you can also get Windsor Castle tickets!