Coorg Coffee Plantation Tour
- Explore the lush green coffee estates of Madenadu Village in North Coorg or Chambebellur Village in South Coorg
- Gain in-depth knowledge of coffee cultivation and trace the process of the coffee bean from plantation to cup
- Interact with the locals and learn pruning techniques, picking, drying and other important information
- Learn about other popular plantations of the region, which grow pepper, cardamom and wild fruits
- Visit a local host's house and learn about various blends, and have a cup to taste the flavors of local coffee
What to expect
Learn how delicious, India-grown coffee is produced on this trip to a lush green coffee plantation in Coorg! Your friendly, English-speaking guide will be waiting for you at the meet up point and will take you to the coffee estates of Madenadu Village or Chambebellur Village on board a shared transfer. As soon as you arrive, you'll be able to explore the sprawling estate and discover how coffee plants are grown, how their fruit and seeds (coffee beans) are harvested and expertly processed through drying, and how the best of the beans are selected. You will learn a great deal from the staff who have descended from generations of coffee farmers as they share their knowldge about how a wonderful, aromatic cup of coffee is actually made. You will also get to know more about the produce grown in other plantations in the area such as wild fruit, pepper, and even the spices that India is famous for. You'll be able to taste just how good the coffee is as you're served a cup at the home of a local host by the end of the tour.