Elephant Jungle Sanctuary Chiang Mai
Enjoy some quality time with the rescued elephants
- Play, touch, and feed the elephants in a traditional Karen tribe outfit
- Enjoy fun activities with the elephants such as a mud spa session and a river shower!
- Say cheese! Take photos with the elephants and bring home great memories
- Enjoy a scrumptious Thai meal in the serene surroundings
- Travel with ease in the provided roundtrip transportation
What to expect
The elephants of Thailand are famous all over the world, and there's no better way to truly have a memorable experience with these gentle giants than a visit to the Elephant Jungle Sanctuary in Chiang Mai. Famous for their ethical, no-riding method of giving visitors an experience with these gentle giants, visitors will be able to make unforgettable memories of being a part of their lives. Upon arriving at the sanctuary, visitors are greeted with refreshments and valuable information about the elephants' dietary habits and the good work that the sanctuary does. Visitors will don traditional Karen tribe clothing as their day with the elephants begin, and be able to assist in preparing the elephants' food and feeding it to them. Guests are free to play, interact, and take photos with these elephants, all while being able to learn about how they had come to the sanctuary, their rescue story, and how more elephants could be protected from abusive practices. Fancy some good clean fun? How about a mud spa with the elephants? You'll get to jump in with them and then bathe them in the river afterwards to get them nice and clean. If you like having more time with the elephants, you can opt for the One Day Walk which will let you visit more camps and meet more elephants to spend time with! After a good meal, you'll be easily and safely conveyed back to your hotel, knowing that you have had a truly safe and ethical experience and have contributed to making a difference in the elephants' lives.
Things to note
'New Normal' Protocols:
Due to the current situation, customers are highly advised to cooperate with the operator for the following practices:
- Temperature check at the hotel/pick up point before getting into the vehicle. If a visitor's temperature is higher then 37.5 °C, he/she would be tested again after 5 minutes. If temperature remains at 37.5°C or above, Elephant Jungle Sanctuary reserves the right to refuse the customer from joining the tour.
- All visitors are expected to put on a face mask throughout the duration of the tour, excluding eating time. If they do not have one upon pick-up, one will be provided for them.
- Each pick-up/drop-off vehicle will seat 5 to 6 visitors depending on the car type. No visitors will be allowed to sit in the front with our drivers.
- Visitors are expected to clean their hands with the alcohol gel provided before getting into the vehicle.
- ALL visitors will be expected to write their full name and passport number on our log as per government protocol.
- We will be separating our visitors into groups of 6. A wrist band will be provided for easy recognition.
- All visitors are expected to wash their hand with soap and water before proceeding to touch the elephant’s food.
- All visitors are encouraged to observe social distancing with at least a 2 metre gap between each other.
- All visitors will be given a Karen shirt to wear during the duration of the visit. Shirts will be pre-packed into a sanitary bag and will be returned to our staff at the end of the day.
- Our facility is sanitised at the start and end at the end of every session.
- Provided buffet during tours will be swapped for pre-packed meals so as to prevent cross contamination.
What to Bring:
- Bathing suit
- Insect repellent
- Walking shoes
- Extra clothes
- Any personal medicine