Modern Shanghai Highlights One Day Bike Tour with Authentic Chinese Lunch
- Trace the history of sites and attractions that have witnessed Shanghai's concession period
- Appreciate the stylish makeover of antique Shikumen buildings in Tianzifang and Xintiandi
- Take a ferry boat across Huangpu River from old downtown to modern Lujiazui
- Pedal through the thriving Pudong New Area to see all the famous landmarks, such as the Shanghai Tower
- Enjoy a flavorful and authentic local lunch in the French Concession area!
What to expect
Shanghai is definitely the most dynamic city in China. It's not only a city with ancient relics, but is also an ever-changing metropolis — and on this bike tour, you'll discover the modern side of the city! Start with a short introduction to Shanghai history from your knowledgeable tour guide. Then ride through Shikumen Longtang, a lane where you'll admire the most representative architectural style of Shanghai. Explore the French Concession, then pedal through Xintiandi to witness a melting pot of cultures. Ride across Nanjing Road to Pudong New Area, and visit the Shanghai Tower, Shanghai World Financial Center, the Oriental Pearl TV Tower, and Jin Mao Tower, among others. This is simply the perfect excursion if you want to get an insight into the modern, dynamic city of Shanghai in just one day.
Things to note
- Please wear lightweight, comfortable clothing and closed toe shoes
- Please dress according to the outdoor climate conditions
- Sunglasses, sunscreen and a hat might be necessary