Kunti Betta Sunrise Trek & Water Activities from Bangalore
- Experience a Kunti Betta sunrise trek, the most famous and thrilling of trekking encounters near Bangalore
- See two rocky hills standing tall in the town of Pandavapura, surrounded by picture perfect scenery
- Enjoy splendid panoramic views, overlooking Pandavapura Lake, the water source of the surrounding villages
- Let Hindu mythology give insight about the short stay of Pandavas in this region and their mother Kunti
- Cool down with water activities like swimming and kayaking adventures after your long hike!
- Visit Kunti Kund, a lake behind the hills, with a temple at the base of the cliffs
What to expect
Kunti Betta draws hikers from around the world with its scenic wonders. These two rocky hills, surrounded by fields, coconut trees, sugarcane and more, are vital to Bangladore's history and culture. Many people make the pilgrimage to this location, and you will be able to undertake the same 125km journey on this night trek. From Bangalore, you will board a shared coach from your chosen meet up point. This takes you to the Ramanagara campsite to meet your guide. Then, the journey begins in the dead of night, and it will be 2:00am by the time you reach Kunti Betta's base. The trek begins, and you must be careful as the inclination is more than 60 degrees. You will be heading past boulders and through dense vegetation. Marveling at natural sights in between, you will finally reach the peak, where you and your group will have a campfire. As the morning sun begins to rise, you'll get an incredible view of the landscape all around you. By 6:00am, begin your descent, and visit Kunti Kund and the surrounding temples, where so many locals make their religious pilgrimages. By the time you reach the lake, you can enjoy some free time to go swimming and kayaking. This lake has been a source of water and livelihood for the surrounding villages. After a local breakfast, you will then be taken safely back to your meet up point, where your long evening adventure ends.