Art Central 2021 @ HKCEC Hall 3G
- Art Central, a cornerstone event of Hong Kong Art Week, showcases the next generation of talent from Asia’s most innovative galleries alongside distinguished artists from around the world
- The sixth edition of Art Central features gallery presentations, large-scale installations, curated booths, talks and more.
- Venue: Hong Kong Convention and Exhibition Centre, 1 Expo Dr, Wan Chai, Hong Kong
- Ticketing: Art Central 2021 is free with registration. Please select a two-hour session on our public fair days, Thursday 20 May to Sunday 23 May.
- Discover more latest Events in Hong Kong HERE!
Most recent review
What to expect
Art Central, a cornerstone event of Hong Kong Art Week, showcases the next generation of talent from Asia’s most innovative galleries alongside distinguished artists from around the world. Presented in partnership with United Overseas Bank (UOB), Art Central 2021 takes place 20 – 23 May 2021 at the Hong Kong Convention and Exhibition Centre.
Now in its sixth edition, Art Central has established itself as an international platform for pushing boundaries in contemporary art and experimentation and is recognized as a place of discovery for seasoned collectors and new buyers alike. The Fair provides a platform for museum-quality artworks from more established names to be exhibited alongside cutting-edge works by emerging artists across different mediums.
The strong gallery line-up is complimented by a dynamic four-day programme that includes large-scale installations curated by André Chan, and a renowned talks programme in collaboration with the Fair’s long-standing Education Partner, the Asia Society Hong Kong Centre.
In 2021, Art Central is introducing timed-entry. Visitors can choose from the following session times:
- Thursday 20 May: 2-4 pm / 4-6 pm / 6-8 pm
- Friday 21 May: 2-4 pm / 4-6 pm / 6-8 pm
- Saturday 22 May: 11 am-1 pm / 1-3 pm / 3-5 pm / 5-7 pm
- Sunday 23 May: 11 am-1 pm / 1-3 pm / 3-6 pm
Hong Kong Convention and Exhibition Centre, 1 Harbour Road Wan Chai, Hong Kong
For more information about galleries, talks and programming, please visit www.artcentralhongkong.com
Galleries: A cornerstone event of Hong Kong Art Week, Art Central showcases the next generation of talent from Asia’s most innovative galleries alongside distinguished artists from around the world.
Discover: Now in its sixth edition, Art Central has established itself as an international platform for pushing boundaries in contemporary art and experimentation and is recognized as a place of discovery for seasoned collectors and new buyers alike.
Talks: A pivotal force in the development of art and community in Hong Kong since 2011, Asia Society Hong Kong Centre has been responsible for bringing an engaging programme of talks featuring artists, curators, collectors, writers, publishers, critics and more to Art Central’s audience since its inaugural edition in 2015.
Projects: Asia’s premier platform for ambitious, large-scale installations and spatial interventions featuring sculpture, new media, moving image and creative technologies at the forefront of contemporary practice.
Here/There: In 2021 Art Central introduces a new commercial platform in the form of a group exhibition, with artworks submitted by galleries around the globe.
- Visitors are invited to book one session. Booking of multiple sessions will be rejected by the organiser.
- For safety and security reasons, all visitors and their belongings may be subject to inspection before entering the show premises.
- Backpacks, suitcases and trolleys of any size are not allowed.
- Press and promotional photography and filming will be taking place within the Fair, attending the Fair implies your permission for your image to be used.
- Smoking or vaping is not permitted within the Fair.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult.
Health and Safety
We are following the guidance of the Hong Kong Government and working closely with the HKCEC to ensure that your experience at Art Central 2021 is safe and worry-free. Please read our safety policy and regulations below.
Access to Art Central
- Entry to the fair is confirmed by advance booking and is free upon registration.
- Before entering, all visitors must scan the "LeaveHomeSafe" QR code or leave their names, contact numbers and the dates and times of their visits Timed-ticket entry will allow for measured visitor flow.
- We are running timed entry system, based on two hour slots to ensure all visitors have a comfortable visit.
- Due to venue capacity restrictions, we may not be able to accommodate late visitors so please arrive during your selected two-hour timed entry session.
- All exhibitors, staff and visitors will complete a daily health and safety screening temperature check. Everyone will be asked to provide forward contact details in the event test and trace is required.
The venue and capacity
- All persons must wear a surgical face mask at all times.
- Hand sanitation will be available throughout the venue.
- Capacity has been reduced to in line with current government guidelines.
- Daily environmental cleaning and disinfection is conducted.
- Do note that we will be passing visitors personal data (subject to visitors giving their consent at checkout) to Art Central for visitors to receive updates on events and promotional materials.