Hwacheon Sancheoneo Ice Festival Tour from Seoul
Visit one of the 'Seven Wonders of Winter'
- This tour will not let you miss out on the Hwacheon Sancheoneo Ice Festival!
- Experience carving out snow holes and fishing for 'Sancheoneo' cold water mountain trouts
- Be a chef for a day and cook your freshly-caught fish and find out how it tastes right after!
- You can also try out other winter activities on ice such as fish catching and sledding
- Enjoy the convenience of round trip shuttle bus transfers to/from Seoul included in the package
What to expect
Take the opportunity to experience a unique Korean winter festival, in celebration of Mountain Trout, the Hwacheon Sancheoneo festival! Follow the locals on their annual pilgrimage into the beautiful mountainous countryside away from the city. Dig holes into the hard ice and fish for fresh trout as part of this hundred-year-old tradition. When you've made your catch, have it cooked up for consumption at the festival kitchen. Afterwards, spend some time trying out the numerous ice activities on offer such as sledding, bobsled, ice soccer, ice sculptures, and much more wintry fun. With transportation to and from the festival included, this activity comes highly recommended for anyone looking to venture beyond the city and get a unique insight into Korean culture