JR Kyushu Rail Pass (3 or 5 Days)
Present your mobile or printed voucher at JR's counter to redeem your 3 or 5 consecutive days rail pass that covers unlimited rides in Kyushu
- Enjoy unlimited travel north, south or all over Kyushu for 3 or 5 days with a JR Kyushu Pass!
- Access local and limited express trains to visit cities like Fukuoka as well as a Shinkansen from Hakata to Kagoshima-Chūō
- Discover the Land of Fire known for its active volcanoes, picturesque onsens, shrines, coastal cities, and heritage sites
- No exchange order required – easily redeem and pick up your JR Kyushu Pass at JR counters in Japan!
Most recent review
What to expect
Explore the third largest island in Japan with a special rail pass for foreign tourists. Aptly nicknamed "The Land of Fire", Kyushu is known for its active volcanoes, beaches and an abundance of natural hot springs. Whether you are an adventurer at heart hoping to see an erupting volcano or are simply planning to spend the time soaking in the relaxing hot springs, the JR Kyushu Rail Pass is your ticket to comfortable and convenient travel around the island. Choose between a Northern Kyushu Pass, Southern Kyushu Pass, or an All Kyushu Pass–valid for 3 or 5 consecutive days–granting you efficient travels whenever, wherever.
Things To Note
- You will receive confirmation of your booking instantly via email. In the event that you do not receive an email from us, please check your Spam folder or notify us via email
- The name, country of residence, and passport numbers entered when booking must be an exact match to the passports used when boarding
- The date selected is your expected JR Pass pick up date and activation date
- No Exchange Orders required - simply present your Klook voucher redeem your JR Pass in Japan!
- Valid only for non-Japanese passport holders with a "Temporary Visitor" Visa stamp on the passport. Non-Japanese passport holders with a permanent residence in Japan cannot use this product
- Secure a Temporary Visitor Stamp at immigration to be eligible for a JR Pass. Do not pass through the automated gates, as no stamp will be applied
- Children aged 0-5 must be accompanied by a paying adult
- Children aged 0-5 can travel free of charge provided they will not occupy separate seats
- Each paying adult can bring a maximum of 2 children. A child ticket will be required for each additional child
- Important: JR Kyushu Rail Pass is not valid for Sanyo Shinkansen, including the portion between Hakata and Kokura
Q: I am having trouble reserving my seat, it keeps saying my password is incorrect.
A: Please make sure you have registered your email on the JR Kyushu Rail Pass website and clicked on the link provided in the email after registration For detailed instructions, please follow this guide
Q: Do I need the Exchange Order to redeem my pass?
A: Your Exchange Order will be issued to your account when you place the order. Please make sure you take your Exchange Voucher (printed out or digital format) and your personal valid passport to redeem the actual JR pass
Making a Booking
Q: I’m confused...what dates should I put in the calendar when booking?
A: The date you select when booking is the date you intend to exchange your voucher for your JR Pass at local airport or local stations. The date selected is just for reference. You can redeem for your JR Pass on any date within the validity period
Changes to your Booking
Q: I would like to change from X JR Pass to Y JR Pass, how can I do this?
A: Unfortunately, you can not change from X JR Pass to Y JR Pass. Please make sure you select the correct JR Pass before checking out
Q: I would like to book a pass for XXX date, but this day does not show up on your calendar. What should I do?
A: Dates that are grayed out are not yet available for purchase
Q: How do I pick up my JR pass?
A: Please note that JR Rail has many separate entities such as JR East, JR Central, JR Hokkaido, etc. Depending on the pass you buy, you will have to go to that specific company’s office to redeem your pass. The JR Rail Pass is only issued domestically in Japan. When you order on Klook, you will have the exchange order (MCO) sent to your account before arriving in Japan. Once you have arrived in Japan, you will exchange the exchange order (MCO) for the actual rail pass at an official JR Rail Office (located at most major airports and rail stations in Japan)
Q: Can I redeem my Exchange voucher at X place in Japan?
A: For this pass, you can redeem your Exchange Voucher at the JR Pass Ticket Offices or Redemption machines at Kansai Airport or local stations listed above
Q: I was unable to pick up my JR pass on the date I selected, can I cancel my order?
A: Your voucher is valid for 90 days starting from date of issue. You can redeem your JR Pass within the 90 days window. Please make sure you activate your pass within 30 days after redemption