Suzhou Highlights Half Day Biking Tour
- Enjoy a fun day of cycling through Suzhou's essential attractions in less than a day!
- Witness an exquisite portrait of local life in scenic spots like Pingjiang Road and Shantang Street
- Learn more about the city in-depth in the longest running man-made waterway of The Grand Canal
- A look into ancient China's rich arts and culture is worth a personal discovery as soon as you enter
- Capture one of China's early great innovations in the Ancient City Wall of Xi'an, built in the 14th century
What to expect
Suzhou, a small town located in the west of Shanghai, is home to some of the beautiful canals, extensive gardens, and world-famous bridges. All you need is a trusty bike to witness its scenic spots such as the Suzhou Museum, Ancient City Wall Gate, and the China Grand Canal. After meeting with your guide, you will head straight to the Suzhou Museum. If you're looking to enrich your history knowledge, a visit to the museum is worth the stop. It houses some of the best ancient Chinese art, paintings, calligraphy, and other relics that truly capture the culture of Suzhou and the Yangtze River Delta. Stroll through Pingjiang Road next, a gorgeous stone route lined with a river along the paved roads. A Suzhou benchmark among other attractions, Pingjiang Road is often likened to a traditional Chinese painting scene by locals and tourists alike. Move on to Shantang Street, where you'll see a similar sight: a riverside town sectioned in two by the Bantang Bridge – the east is enclosed with houses and shops, while the west is a natural panorama. The journey continues to the China Grand Canal, deemed as the longest man-made waterway in the world, before moving onto the Ancient City Wall (through Wenchang Gate), which was widely known as a military defense throughout many dynasties.
Things to note
- Dress appropriately depending on the weather conditions on the day of the tour
- Please wear lightweight, comfortable clothing and closed toe shoes
- Bring sunglasses, sun screen protection, and a hat