The Gold Coast is famous for 300 days of sunny weather, making it a hotspot for a slew of outdoor activities, from relaxing park strolls to daring beach adventures.
If there happens to be rain and thunderstorms during your Gold Coast visit, fret not. There are plenty of Gold Coast indoor activities that will still make your trip worthwhile, from dining with entertainment, thrilling games, and museum tours.
Here are the best rainy day activities on the Gold Coast:
- Dine at Dracula’s Cabaret Restaurant
- Catch the Australian Outback Spectacular
- Have a global gastronomical adventure at Miami Marketta
- Give indoor skydiving a go!
- Challenge a friend to a VR survival experience
- Game your heart out at Timezone
- Escape an escape room
- Go indoor go-karting
- Have some fun with holograms at Holoverse
- Sing your heart out and try mini-golfing at Holey Moley
- Bounce the day away at Bounce Trampoline Park
- Try your luck at The Star Casino
- Explore the Gold Coast’s finest wineries
- Feed the soul with the finest works of art at New HOTA Gallery
- Meet your fave celebs at the Wax Museum
- Taste some sweet honey at Superbee Honeyworld
- Have some fancy couture high tea at Palazzo Versace
- Feel like you’re on top of the world at Skypoint
DINING & ENTERTAINMENT
Add a twist to your dining experience and catch these superb live shows.
1. Dine at Dracula’s Cabaret Restaurant
Experience a show like no other filled with comedy, burlesque elements, contemporary music, and spectacular performances! At Dracula’s Cabaret Restaurant, the show must go on no matter the weather outside. Plus, you can get your fill of good food while enjoying the entertainment.
2. Catch the Australian Outback Spectacular
Witness an extravaganza like no other! Featuring spectacular live country music, cutting-edge theatrical technology, and even charming live animals, the Australian Outback Spectacular tells the story of two struggling Aussie farmers that will captivate the audience. Top it all off with a delectable 3-course barbeque dinner.
3. Have a global gastronomical adventure at Miami Marketta
You don’t have to leave the Gold Coast for a taste of international food. Miami Marketta street food market treats you to the most mouthwatering food made by vendors from all over the world. You can also catch live music while munching or checking out the pre-loved clothes rummage.
FUN & GAMES
If you enjoy gaming and adventure, then these Gold Coast indoor activities have your back even on a rainy day.
4. Give indoor skydiving a go!
No, you don’t need to fly to the sky to go skydiving—during gloomy weather, indoor skydiving is as good as the real deal. Plus, it’s way safer, so much so that even little kids can try it! Enjoy the rush, and let the breeze carry you to new heights, no matter the weather outside.
5. Challenge a friend to a VR survival experience
Experiencing fighting brain-eating zombies or saving the world by launching a nuclear missile with a trusty partner and embark on a survival mission like no other. Bring your pal on this 2-player VR survival experience and feel all the thrills of saving the world.
6. Game your heart out at Timezone
Timezone is the ultimate indoor fun zone for all ages. From arcade games to bowling, to bumper cars and more, it has a slew of famous Gold Coast indoor activities you can do during a rainy day. Bring your friends and fam and unleash your competitive spirit for a fun-filled day of gaming in Timezone!
7. Escape an escape room
Solve riddles, gather clues, and escape from an escape room. One of the most famous escape rooms on the Gold Coast is Escape Hunt, which features several themed escape rooms each with clever and intricate mysteries you have to solve in order to escape.
8. Go indoor go-karting
If you’re in the mood for go-karting but don’t want to risk racing down a slippery race track (or you know, you don’t want to be soaking wet from the rain) then you should definitely try indoor go-karting. Bring your friends and test your racing skills with this indoor thrill ride that’s truly one of the most exciting Gold Coast indoor activities!
9. Have some fun with holograms at Holoverse
Meet dinosaurs, play with sea creatures underwater, fly over a lost island, and more at Holoverse, a family entertainment hub that gives you holographic experiences you won’t get anywhere else. With its cutting-edge technology, you’ll be so immersed in how real everything looks!
10. Sing your heart out and try mini-golfing at Holey Moley
Putt your skills to the test at Holey Moley’s wackiest and most creative mini-golf courses, featuring Houdini’s magic tricks, the Simpson’s, and other hip pop culture references! Then you can sing your heart out at Holey Moley’s karaoke booth to celebrate your mini-golf victory.
11. Bounce the day away at Bounce Trampoline Park
Who knew bouncing could be one of the best Gold Coast indoor activities? The innovative trampolines and courses at Bounce Trampoline Park take the fun to a whole new level. It’s like a huge indoor playground, but for all ages!
12. Try your luck at The Star Casino
If you’re feeling lucky and adventurous, then try your luck out at The Star Casino. Open 24/7, you can go anytime and during any weather. Who knows, maybe the jackpot is a spin away on the slot machine!
While the Gold Coast is famous for its unique outdoor tours with several exciting twists, there are also several indoor museums and attractions can you explore during gloomy weather.
13. Explore the Gold Coast’s finest wineries
Head out to Tamborine Mountain’s finest wineries on this full-day tour. Discover how the finest wines are produced at 4 of the area’s award-winning wineries and indulge in a delicious cheese sampling platter and a gourmet two-course meal.
14. Feed the soul with the finest works of art at New HOTA Gallery
Delight in the finest works of art with the many exhibits and galleries of New Home of the Arts or HOTA. Situated in Surfer’s Paradise, it is one of the largest public galleries that aren’t in an Australian capital city.
15. Meet your fave celebs at the Wax Museum
When it comes to Gold Coast indoor activities, you can’t go wrong with the Wax Museum with its exhibits of various celebs and cultural icons. If you’re into thrills and chills, you can also check out their Chamber of Horrors which shows the timeline of various torture techniques.
16. Taste some sweet honey at Superbee Honeyworld
Learn about how honey production and give their various flavours a taste at Superbee Honeyworld. You can also try your hand at making moulding souvenirs from beeswax, or simply enjoy watching the bees do their magic.
17. Have some fancy couture high tea at Palazzo Versace
Visit Palazzo Versace, a Milan-inspired hotel that is home to three award-winning restaurants the serve the exquisite flavours of Australia. Get your fix of the finest desserts with Le Jardin's Royal Couture High Tea.
18. Feel like you’re on top of the world at Skypoint
Get an unrivalled 360-degree view of the Gold Coast at Skypoint Observatory Deck, standing at 230 metres above the ground. Marvel at the city and the oceans from the only beachside observatory deck in Australia!