Planning for your next holiday with your little ones? Gold Coast is a haven blessed with stunning waters and sands, parks with relaxing greens, as well as several fun-filled city attractions that make it a favourite among tourists. You won’t run out of fun things to do with the whole family in this neck of the woods.
🎢 Consider it your lucky day- here's an exclusive secret discount to all you blog readers on this page - get 10% off any of the products mentioned in this blog, minimum spend $50. Just input GCBLOG10 at check out! 🎢
Check out these Gold Coast family activities you can do for a holiday well-spent:
- Visit Warner Bros. Movie World, Sea World Marine Park, and Wet n’ Wild with unlimited entry
- Check out Dreamworld, WhiteWater World, and Skypoint Observation Deck with this 3-Day Pass
- Ride the Aquaduck on streets and waters of the Gold Coast
- Catch some crabs at Tweed River
- Explore Wavebreak Island and Stradbroke Island with this half-day tour
- Meet fluffy koalas and other wildlife at Currumbin
- Let the kids be the captains of your tour on the Gold Coast Hop On Hop Off Ferry
- Ride a hot air balloon and fly across the Gold Coast
- Unleash your inner Tarzan with the Treetop Challenge at Tamborine Mountain
- Reach for the clouds and go parasailing
- Get the best unobstructed 360-degree view of the Gold Coast at Skypoint
- Experience the most thrilling climb of your life with the Skypoint Climb
- Ride a jet boat across Main Beach and refresh with drinks
- Go on the Jet Ski Island Safari
- Get the ultimate Gold Coast water tour on a jet boat AND a helicopter!
- Swim at Currumbin Rock Pools
- Catch superb shows and feast on fantastic food with the Australian Outback Spectacular
- Play mini-golf at the most creative and entertaining courses at King Tutt’s Putt-Putt
- Shop ‘til you drop at Harbour Town Outlet Shopping Centre
- Give the kids the Miami Marketta experience
- Go wakeboarding at Gold Coast Wake Park
- Explore the natural attractions of Tamborine Mountain
- Explore the beaches of Burleigh
- Go fishing at Tallebudgera Creek
- Go on a family picnic at Broadwater Parklands
- Get a taste of Gold Coast’s paradise
What’s not to love about theme parks, especially when you’re a kid? Gold Coast has a slew of themed attractions that would make for a memorable trip for the little ones.
1. Visit Warner Bros. Movie World, Sea World Marine Park, and Wet n’ Wild with unlimited entry
Ride the rollercoasters and meet your favourite heroes at Warner Brothers Movie World. Meet the marine wildlife at Sea World Marine Park, and brave the thrilling water slides at Wet n’ Wild! With these multi-day options, you can go for up to 14 days of non-stop fun!
2. Check out Dreamworld, WhiteWater World, and Skypoint Observation Deck with this 3-Day Pass
Have 3-days of non-stop fun with these fun attractions! Scream on top of your lungs at the Big 9 Thrill Rides in Dreamworld, go sky high at the Skypoint Observation Deck! Make a splash at the slides and attractions at WhiteWater World! Visit at your available time with these open date tickets.
NOT YOUR ORDINARY TOURS
If you think run-of-the-mill tours might be a bore to your kids, then these Gold Coast family activities are sure to thrill them with their unique spins on your usual tour!
3. Ride the Aquaduck on the streets and waters of the Gold Coast
This unique Gold Coast family activity takes you on a tour of the streets of Surfer’s Paradise before delving into the waters for a tour of the water surroundings and beaches. This tour will definitely make a splash—literally, so prepare to get wet!
4. Catch some crabs at Tweed River
Hop on a cruise on Tweed River where you and the little ones can enjoy the beautiful scenery, try live mud crab trapping, pelican feeding, and yabbie pumping. This is one of the more unconventional Gold Coast family activities that are perfect for those who want to try new things.
5. Explore Wavebreak Island and Stradbroke Island with this half-day tour
If your little ones love marine life then they’ll love snorkelling at Wavebreak and meeting the swamp wallaby—a.k.a blank stinker to locals—at Stradbroke. This half-day tour will take you to all the happenings on the islands. Plus, you get to spot marine life like stingrays and turtles, and more!
6. Meet fluffy koalas and other wildlife at Currumbin
If the whole fam loves wildlife, then you’ll love visiting the Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary! Meet the Tasmanian devil, lemurs, and even get a close encounter with the most adorable koalas!
7. Let the kids be the captains of your tour on the Gold Coast Hop On Hop Off Ferry
Be the captain and chart the course for your own tour with the Gold Coast Hop on and Hop Off Ferry Tour, one of the Gold Coast family activities that take you to the must-see landmarks, except this one lets you make your own itinerary. Explore at your own pace and let the little ones lead the way!
LITTLE ONES CAN GO SKY HIGH!
Every kid dreams of flying. Make your kids’ dreams come true with these Gold Coast family activities that take you sky high!
8. Ride a hot air balloon and fly across the Gold Coast
Fly across the stunning green landscapes of the Gold Coast on a hot air balloon and have the best view of the golden sunrise. Your kids will also love the feeling of riding a hot air balloon floating thousands of feet in the sky, rocking with the movement of the breeze.
9. Unleash your inner Tarzan with the Treetop Challenge at Tamborine Mountain
With its 6 courses and 100 challenging and thrilling Treetop Challenges, this attraction on Tamborine Mountain offers a slew of Gold Coast family activities that will ensure a day of pure fun in the great outdoors. Walk across hanging bridges, cross ropes from one tree to another or climb rope ladders—there something for all ages starting from 7-years-old and all skill levels!
10. Reach for the clouds and go parasailing
Parasailing is an exciting experience that lets you fly close enough to reach for the clouds! On the Gold Coast, you’ll even have stunning panoramic views of Surfer’s Paradise and the mountains of the hinterland. If you and your kids are in for a little thrill, then parasailing is a must-do for you!
11. Get the best unobstructed 360-degree view of the Gold Coast at Skypoint
If you wanna see almost all of Gold Coast from one viewpoint, then head on out to the Skypoint Observatory Deck, the only beachside observatory deck in Australia! In just a 42.7-second elevator ride (one of the fastest in the world!) you’ll reach the deck where you’ll be greeted by an unbridled view of the city and the ocean.
12. Experience the most thrilling climb of your life with the Skypoint Climb
Conquer your fears with the whole fam and go on the highest external building climb in Australia with the Skypoint Climb, where you’ll reach the very top of the Q1 Resort Building! Feel the wind as you gaze out onto the unobstructed view of the waters and the city. As proof that you’ve managed this outstanding climb, you’ll be given a snazzy certificate.
MAKE A SPLASH!
If the kids love water activities, then it’s time to make a splash with these Gold Coast family activities that take you to the seas in the most exciting ways!
13. Ride a jet boat across Main Beach and refresh with drinks
An exciting ride awaits you and the whole fam with this jet boat experience across Main beach. Feel the thrill of the speeding jet boat and the occasional 360-degree spins and high-speed drifting! After the ride, you can cool down and enjoy two free drinks at Fisho’s Tavern.
14. Go on the Jet Ski Island Safari
Go on a water safari like no other with the Jet Ski Island Safari on the Gold Coast. You can tandem up with your kids on a Yamaha jet ski and weave through waters and narrow passages as well as visit isolated pristine islands.
15. Get the ultimate Gold Coast water tour on a jet boat AND a helicopter!
If you think you’ll enjoy the jet boat experience, why not add a helicopter ride as the cherry on top? After touring the seas on a 55-minute jet boat ride, take to the skies on a chopper and get a fresh aerial perspective of the area.
16. Swim at Currumbin Rock Pools
Discover Currumbin Rock Pools, a hidden gem where you and the kids can swing off ropes and jump into the waters and make a splash! There are several pools with varying depths, so there’s something for everyone, even your tiny toddlers.
If the busy city is more your speed, fret not. These Gold Coast activities will take you to the best attractions the city has to offer!
17. Catch superb shows and feast on fantastic food with the Australian Outback Spectacular
A true Australian experience awaits you and the fam with the Australian Outback Spectacular! Catch the superb show that features immersive cutting-edge technology and the story of two struggling Aussie farmers, and then grab some hearty grub for a memorable family night out!
18. Play mini-golf at the most creative and entertaining courses at King Tutt’s Putt-Putt
Bring out your competitive spirit for a fun family night of mini golf at King Tutt's Putt Putt! With its 3 exciting themed courses, there’s something for everyone to enjoy, no matter the experience or skill level. It’s all about enjoying the course and having fun while bonding with the fam.
19. Shop ‘til you drop at Harbour Town Outlet Shopping Centre
Shop and eat with the whole fam at Harbour Town Outlet Shopping Centre, where you can shop for your favourite brands from their direct factory outlets. Great deals and good meals await with its slew of stalls and outlets!
20. Give the kids the Miami Marketta experience
Take the kids on a gastronomic food trip with cuisine from different parts of the world, all in one laneway! Miami Marketta is lined with food vendors from all over the world, ready to serve you delicious local signature dishes. There’s even live music and events for the music-loving teens!
21. Go wakeboarding at Gold Coast Wake Park
Take your kids to Gold Coast Wake Park and get instant cool parent points! This park offers a slew of Gold Coast family activities from wakeboarding, kneeboarding, to playing on inflatables at the aqua park! The park also offers lessons for beginners so you and your kids can sharpen your skills.
If you and the fam love the great outdoors, then we’ve got the perfect places for you to visit! Become nature explorers with the little ones at these great destinations.
22. Explore the natural attractions of Tamborine Mountain
Tamborine Mountain is not just home to the Treetop Challenge, it’s also filled with natural attractions such as national parks, waterfalls, and lush green rainforests. Explore all the attractions like a true blue nature explorer!
23. Explore the beaches of Burleigh
Burleigh Heads, a.k.a. Burleigh to the locals, is a suburb on the Gold Coast famous for its world-class beaches where people love to swim and surf and simply take in the gorgeous views of the coastline. You and the fam will enjoy frolicking in the sand, taking a dip in the water, or simply taking in the relaxing surroundings.
24. Go fishing at Tallebudgera Creek
Tallebudgera Creek is a hotspot for a slew of Gold Coast family activities—from swimming, camping, kayaking, and fishing. It’s the perfect place to step away from city life and the gadget screens, as well as spend time in nature with the fam.
25. Go on a family picnic at Broadwater Parklands
Go on a picnic or grill some barbecue with the free or for hire facilities at Broadwater Parklands, a.k.a the Parklands. Your kids will love running around in the wide-open spaces or playing on the playgrounds while you sit back, relax, and enjoy the sights.
26. Get a taste of Gold Coast’s paradise
They weren’t kidding when they called this place paradise—Surfers Paradise Beach is a haven for surfers, swimmers, and beach dwellers alike. Its wide expanse of beautiful golden sand and its blue waters are a treat for the eyes.
If you’re visiting the Gold Coast for the very first time and want to skip the hassle of learning how to navigate from venue to venue, fret not. These transfers will get you where you need to be in a jiffy.
1. Wet'n'Wild Return Shared Shuttle Transfer from Gold Coast Hotels
After a fun day at Wet'n'Wild, have a hassle-free return trip to your Gold Coast Hotel with this transfer. Simply relax in the vehicle and let the driver take you to the destination.
2. Movie World Shared Shuttle Transfer from Gold Coast Hotels
Get to Movie World from your hotel in a jiffy with this shuttle transfer. Just sit back and relax inside the comfy vehicle as you’re taken to your destination.