Colombo City Half Day Tour
- Explore the vibrant colonial city of Colombo and visit its best and most popular sightseeing destinations!
- Visit the beautiful Galle Face area and marvel at your luxurious surroundings as you walk around
- Stop by the Town Hall, one of Colombo's landmarks along with Viharamahadevi Park and Independence Square
- Drop by the floating market of Pettah, where you can check out and buy some of the awesome wares
- explore the Sri Kaileswaram Hindu Temple, the oldest in Colombo, known for its vibrant ceiling artwork
- Marvel at the beautiful Dutch-built churches with the magnificent and intricate carvings
What to expect
Explore the bustling city of Colombo and see all of its best sights, all in half a day, with this fun and exciting tour! Get picked up at your hotel/accommodation, then head to the first stop of the tour, Sri Kaileswaram Hindu Temple, the oldest and largest temple in Sri Lanka. Marvel at its ornate architecture and intricate carvings as your guide tells you all about its history and significance, before you travel to the Galle Face, an area in the city known for its upscale and luxurious vibe. Breathe in some fresh air as you wander around the Town Hall, Viharamahadevi Park, and Independence Square, surrounded by lush greenery and vibrant flowers. Take a quick break for lunch with a stop at a local restaurant, where you'll get to savor authentic Sri Lankan flavors, then make a stop at Gangaramaya Buddhist Temple, with huge collections of fascinating artifacts, lavish architecture, and statues showing different artistic styles. Your last destination for the day is the floating markets at Pettah Market, where you'll get to see an awesome variety of local wares and a chance to interact with the locals! Spend some time perusing the products and looking for cool souvenirs, before you pack up and get dropped off back at your hotel.