Mumbai Onshore Tour for Cruise Travelers
Off the water and onto one of Asia's most colorful cities
- 5 hours tour designed exclusively for Cruise travelers looking to explore this vibrant city from an insider perspective
- Make the most of your time by experiencing the energy and magic of Mumbai
- See famous spots such as Dhobi Ghaat, Hanging Garden, Mani Bhavan, Marine Drive and Gateway of India
- Drive past the marvelous architecture of the High Court, Prince of Wales Museum, Mumbai University and Flora Fountain
- Marvel the gothic architecture of C.S.T train station along with local bazaars and temples
- Relish delicious local Indian snacks during the tour
- An English speaking guide will be at hand to show you around!
- You'll be picked up and dropped off right at the port so you can get back onto your cruise!
What to expect
Head onshore onto Mumbai on this half day tour designed specifically for cruise travelers that have docked onto this vibrant city! Don't just see it from aboard a boat – immerse yourself in an exploration of the amazing culture and life in Mumbai! You'll meet your professional English speaking guide who will arrange for a pick up in an air conditioned vehicle that will be waiting for you on the Mumbai Port terminal. You will then proceed the Gateway of India, built during the visit of King George V and his Queen. You will then visit the first stop: the Taj Mahal Hotel, an illustrious 5-star structure of ornate architecture. Your next stop is at a UNESCO World Heritage site, the Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus train station, which is renowned for it unique gothic architecture. You can't visit Mumbai without exploring its amazing, fast paced markets, and you'll see thousands of wares, from produce and spices to souvenirs and textiles, coloring the streets and dazzling the eye. After this glimpse of everyday life in Mumbai, you'll head to the largest open air laundry in Asia, the Dhobi Ghaat, and see how such a place is so important to the millions of people in the city. You will get the chance to visit Mani Bhavan, where the famed Mahatma Gandhi takes residence, before heading to Kamla Nehru Park so you'll be able to take breathtaking panoramas of this amazingly colorful city, before you head down to Marine Drive. It's an amazing adventure through Mumbai, and you won't regret coming ashore here!