Neuschwanstein & Linderhof Royal Castle and Oberammergau Tour From Munich
Live out a fairytale on a day trip to Germany's storybook castles
- Discover the magic of Neuschwanstein, the fairytale castle located at the bottom of the Alps
- Tour Linderhof, an exquisite 19th-century royal palace inspired by Versailles
- Enjoy some time to explore the charming village of Oberammergau
- Perfect for those who love a good fairytale, majestic castles, and charming villages!
What to expect
See the castles that inspired Disney movies in the flesh with this full day tour to the beautiful German countryside! Created by Germany's Ludwig II (also known as the Swan King), the two castles are famous for their extravagant architecture. Depart from Munich at 8:30am, and then marvel at the beautiful German countryside inside comfortable air conditioned coaches on your way to Linderhof. The first stop is the Linderhof Royal castle, a 19th century Romanesque-revival castle inspired by the Palace of Versailles. Feel like royalty as you walk through the castle grounds. After touring the castle, you'll be taken to the charming village of Oberammergau, where you can have lunch (at own cost). Last but definitely not least, you'll visit the fairytale-like Neuschwanstein castle, that on good days almost looks like it's sitting on the clouds. There you'll have approximately four hours to explore the beautiful castle on your own - the perfect ending to your own fairytale.
Things to note
- From the parking lot at the bottom of Neuschwanstein to the Neuschwanstein Castle, there is approx. a 30-minute walk. Alternatively, you could take a shuttle bus or a horse-drawn carriage, but you may need to queue and pay for it
- It is recommended to bring your own lunch if you would like to have more time to go sightseeing
- The guided tours inside Linderhof and Neuschwanstein are provided by the official. The live guided tour is in English and German. For other languages, visitors of Linderhof can receive a brochure and visitors of Neuschwanstein can have an audio guide
- Enhanced Health & Hygiene Measures are being implemented for this activity. Please check the insider tips below for more details