Waitangi Treaty Grounds Experience Pass in Bay of Islands
- Visit the historic site where the treaty between the Māori and the Europeans was signed in 1840!
- Discover Waitangi’s contemporary museum and powerful Māori cultural performances in an authentic Meeting House
- Watch a film about how Aotearoa's founding document was created between the British Crown and Maori chiefs
- Explore lush native forest and gardens, a carving studio, and the world’s largest ceremonial war canoe
- Your pass is valid for 2 consecutive days, so you can enjoy the experience at your leisure
What to expect
Stand on the exact spot where New Zealand's founding document, the Treaty of Waitangi, was signed in 1840 with a day pass to the Waitangi Treaty Grounds! This historic place is the starting point of the formalization of New Zealand's place as part of the British Empire; it's so significant that there is even an official public holiday called Waitangi Day. With a 2 day pass from Klook, enter the historic location and discover the story of people uniting under the treaty Te Tiriti o Waitangi. Watch an inspiring and powerful Maori cultural performance in an authentic Meeting House. Afterwards, learn how the treaty has forged the unique land that is now called Aotearoa New Zealand from a friendly guide in the attraction then see 'taonga' (historical treasures), or watch an introductory film about the birthplace of a nation. If you're fascinated about the people who changed NZ history as well as the unique Maori culture, then visit the Waitangi Treaty Grounds!