Fox Glacier Heli Hike Experience
- Experience the stunning natural wonders of New Zealand's West Coast with a heli hike adventure on the Fox Glacier
- Choose from 3 thrilling packages – all itineraries designed to give you an unforgettable experience 800m above sea level. Choose from a half day heli-hike, a full day heli-hike or a full day exhilirating ice climbing experience
- Begin the trip with an exciting helicopter transfer over lush rainforest onto the Fox Glacier and end the day with a return helicopter back to base
- Hike and explore Fox Glacier’s magical ice caves and surronding mountain landscapes with a professional guide
- For those choosing the ice climbing adventure, there are many steep walls to challenge you and you will quickly master basic cramponing and ice axe techniques. The adrenaline will start to flow as you challenge yourself with longer and steeper pitches
- See the glacier’s impressive river of ice that spans 12km from New Zealand's highest peaks to the rainforest below
Most Recent Review of Flying Fox Glacier Heli Hike
What to Expect from Flying Fox Glacier Heli Hike
The Flying Fox Heli Hike Tour is the perfect combination of thrill and excitement as you ride a helicopter over the beautiful expanses of New Zealand nature and walk on the Fox Glacier. Get an exclusive view of the Victoria Falls, which is the melted river of the hidden Victoria Glacier. By taking a helicopter to your starting destination, you can access and explore a part of the glacier that is not easily accessed by the public and where nature works hardest to create spectacular ice caves and arches. As you hike, learn about the mighty river of ice that runs 12km from New Zealand's highest peaks to the rainforest below. No tour is the same, with each guide exploring different areas of the glacier and its many changing features.
Things to note
What To Bring:
- Sunglasses and sun protection
- 3-4 layers of warm upper body clothing (no jeans)
- A warm hat and gloves
- Drink and snacks
Flying Fox Glacier Heli Hike FAQs
Q: Will you be providing warm clothing for this activity?
A: No. It's recommended to wear 3-4 layers of warm upper body clothing, a hat, and gloves. Please don't wear jeans.
Q: Can I bring food?
A: Yes. You may bring sandwiches and fruit as snacks.
Q: If the activity is canceled by the operator due to bad weather, how can I get a refund?
A: In this case, please contact us.
Q: My friends and I have different bookings. Can we all be arranged in the same session?
A: We will coordinate with the relevant team regarding your request, but this is not a guarantee. We highly recommend that you all have the same booking.
Q: Is c Chinese-speaking guide available?
A: No. Only an English-speaking guide is available.