Hong Kong Tourist Octopus Card
The convenient way to travel in Hong Kong
- Conveniently ride the MTR, bus, ferry, coach, and tram with just a tap of your Hong Kong Tourist Octopus Card
- Dine and shop at a wide range of stores to make best use of your card reloadable up to HKD1,000
- Conveniently pick up your card with a preloaded credit of HKD50-100 at the Hong Kong International Airport
- Simply place the card over a reader and the payment will automatically be deducted from the stored value
Often booked together
Most recent review
What to expect
The Hong Kong Octopus card is an extremely versatile stored-value electronic card that can be used on most forms of public transport, as well as for purchases in convenience stores, fast food shops, supermarkets, vending machines and more. Just pick up your card at Hong Kong International Airport upon landing. Coming preloaded with a deposit of HKD50/100, the Octopus card is the ideal accompaniment to your trip to Hong Kong, making traveling and everyday purchases hassle-free and convenient. If it ever runs low on value, you can top up at thousands of stores in Hong Kong. It's an ideal souvenir that can be used again when you come back! If you're getting the tourist card, you can always keep it as a memory of your travels.
Things To Note
- You will receive confirmation of your booking instantly via email. In the event that you do not receive an email from us, please check your Spam folder or notify us via email
- Same price applies to all ages
- You can use this card to make cashless payments in select convenience stores, food courts, vending machines, and more
- Place your card steadily over an Octopus reader. Hold and wait until you hear a "Dood" sound. There will be an indication that the transaction is completed and the remaining value is shown on the screen before removing your card. If the transaction is incomplete because you held it too quickly over a reader, please place it over again
- Do not hold more than one Octopus, or an Octopus with another contactless smart card, over an Octopus reader at one time
- Do not tamper with your card, such as bend, write on, scratch, tap, or cut it, or paste stickers, photos, or accessories on it. In these above cases, transactions will not be honored and the remaining stored value will not be refunded
- If you’re getting a Rental Octopus Card, please make a HKD50 deposit at the counter during redemption. Upon return, the staff will refund the deposit along with the remaining balance, and collect HKD11 service fee for each card
- If the value on your Octopus card is zero or negative, it cannot be used until it is reloaded
- Your Octopus card can be reloaded by cash at thousands of locations throughout Hong Kong (ex. 7 Eleven, Circle K, 759 Store, McDonald, VanGO, Watsons, Mannings etc)
- Refund your unused card balance at any MTR station (except Airport Express Counter)
Q: What are the functions of the Octopus Card?
A: You can use it when taking the MTR, bus, ferry, coach, and tram, as well as to purchase items at certain stores or attractions.
Q: What are the differences between the two packages sold on Klook?
A: The biggest difference is one is tourist card, the other is a rental card. For the tourist card, you buy it and it's yours. It also has preloaded HKD50 value. For rental cards, you must pay a refundable deposit of HKD50 when you redeem the Octopus Card. It will be refunded once you return the card at the end of your trip. This package has an Octopus Card preloaded HKD100 value along with an 8 Days SIM Card (8GB 4G data).
Q: When and where can I redeem the card?
A: Please redeem ONLY on the specified date stated on your voucher at Hong Kong International Airport Arrivals Area Counter A13. The opening hours are 7:00am-11:00pm. Please make sure that your arrival at the airport is between the opening hours.
Q: Where should I reload my card? Can I refund the remaining stored value?
A: Your Octopus Card can be reloaded by cash at thousands of locations throughout Hong Kong (ex. 7 Eleven, Circle K, 759 Store, McDonald, VanGO, Watsons, Mannings etc). You may refund your unused card balance at any MTR station (except Airport Express Counter).
Q: Am I allowed to cancel this booking or amend redemption date?
A: No cancellations, refunds or changes can be made. Full refunds will only be issued in cases of cancellation due to force majeure or unforeseen circumstances (e.g. flight cancellation), provided that the voucher is unclaimed or unredeemed.
Once booked, you are no longer allowed to change your chosen redemption time and date.