Mount Wellington Descent Cycling Tour from Hobart
- Head up Mt. Wellington for the views and go whizzing down on a splendid bike ride downhill!
- Admire fantastic views of Hobart and Southern Tasmania from the view at Mt. Wellington
- Afterward, you experience the ultimate downhill bicycle ride, going down from 1,272m up, headed to sea level
- A professional mountain bike, helmet, and the company of a cycling guide is provided
What to expect
This is the ultimate downhill cycling ride in Hobart! Your cycling ride, accompanied by an enthusiastic English speaking guide, takes you from the Hobart waterfront and begins with an ascent to the summit of Mount Wellington, or kunanyi. At the peak of this incredible mountain, you'll see unmatched panoramic views of Southern Tasmania, stretching all the way down the sub-alpine landscapes, lush emerald rainforests, and the waterfront itself. And from here, the real thrills are just beginning! You'll cycle downhill from the mountains, a 1,272m height, and you'll be whizzing down 21km of mountain path. Don't worry, you don't have to be an expert to navigate this road, but if you've got the experience and are looking for an extra thrill, your guide can take you off road! It's a bike ride, a tour, and a thrilling experience you shouldn't miss in Hobart.
Things to note
What To Bring:
- Camera and drink bottle
- Comfortable closed toe shoes
- Hat, sunglasses, and sunscreen
- Clothes to suit conditions (layers are a good idea)
- Waterproof jacket (just in case)