Elephant Jungle Sanctuary in Phuket
Meet Asia's gentle giants at an ethical elephant sanctuary in Phuket
- Interact with the gentle giants and learn about their behavioral patterns
- Play, touch, and feed the elephants
- Enjoy a mud spa with the elephants, and even help with showering them!
- Take lots of photos of this special experience for a lifetime of memories
- Choose from a morning or afternoon visit, full day visit, or showering and feeding packages!
Was dich erwartet
A truly wholesome, immersive experience with Thailand's famous gentle giants is only possible on an ethical elephant experience with great consideration for the welfare of the animal. This is why a half day trip to the famous Elephant Jungle Sanctuary in Phuket has become so popular: visitors will be able to interact and join the elephants in their natural habitat and learn about the life of these rescued giants. After a briefing on the work and background of the sanctuary as well as some snacks, visitors will be able to don the traditional clothing of the Karen tribe. They will help the sanctuary's keepers to prepare natural dietary supplements for the elephants in their care. Then they will be properly introduced to the sanctuary's rescue elephants, and even feed them the prepared supplements. While playing and interacting with the elephants, taking photos and making sure they are well fed, or even just observing them, visitors will be able to learn about the elephants' past. They'll be taught about elephant behavior patterns and characteristics, and bond better with them when they learn how a truly ethical experience with elephants is achieved. Visitors will also get the chance to have some good clean fun by taking a big mud spa with the elephants, and help them wash off afterwards in the elephant shower room! Then you'll get your own shower and enjoy a delicious Thai meal as a reward for all the hard work, with vegetarian options available. You'll be dropped off back to your hotel a true sense of accomplishment, knowing that you've aided the sanctuary and its elephants, and learnt how to best help these beautiful creatures in the future.
Gut zu wissen
'New Normal' Protocols:
Due to the current situation, customers are highly advised to cooperate with the operator for the following practices:
- Temperature check will be carried out at the hotel/pick up point by our staff before entering the vehicle. If a visitor’s temperature is higher than 37.5 °C, he/she would be tested again after 5 minutes. If the temperature remains at 37.5°C or above, Elephant Jungle Sanctuary reserves the right to refuse the customer from participating in the tour, and in the case of a high-temperature, a full refund is available only for that specific visitor, not for the whole booking.
- All visitors are expected to wear a face mask throughout the duration of the tour, excluding eating time. If they do not have one upon pick-up, visitors can purchase a mask from our driver for 20 Baht. If visitors refused to wear the face mask, they will not be allowed to enter the camp and the tour will be canceled without refund.
- Each car will seat 5 to 6 visitors depending on the car type. No visitors will be allowed to sit in the front with our drivers.
- Visitors are expected to clean their hands with the alcohol gel provided before getting into the vehicle.
- ALL visitors will be expected to write their full name and passport number on our log as per government protocol.
- We will be separating our visitors into groups of 6.
- All visitors are expected to wash their hand with soap and water before proceeding to touch the elephant’s food.
- All visitors are encouraged to observe social distancing with at least a 1 metre gap between each other.
- Our facility is sanitised at the start and end at the end of every session.
- Provided buffet during tours will be swapped for pre-packed meals so as to prevent cross contamination.
- Shower with the elephant will allow the customer to join with rain shower or hose pipe only.
- Mud spa with the elephants will be changed to observe elephants playing in the mud.
What To Bring:
- Bathing suit
- Insect repellent
- Walking shoes
- Extra clothes