Free Ice-Cream: Ice-Cream Uncle edition
On a hot day, the unmistakable yellow umbrella is a sight for sore eyes. Ice-Cream Uncles have been bringing joy to generations across Singapore and this April, we at Klook would like to celebrate them.
[Score yourself a free ice-cream!]
Klook is buddying up with F&N to spread some good old-fashioned joy with more than 2,000 ice-creams to give away!
Scroll to the bottom to find out how you can join us in supporting our uncles as they embrace cashless payments and get your hands on some ice cold goodness.
1. He’s been doing this since 1967
We weren’t even born yet and Uncle Tan was already out scooping ice-cream. That’s a whopping 51 years of doing what he does!
2. His cart can hold up to 500 ice-creams at any one time
Don’t underestimate the humble ice-cream cart! Each ice-cream cart can hold up to 500 ice-creams at any one time, which is a whole lot of ice-cream to go around!
3. His favourite flavour is Raspberry Ripple
Uncle Tan is an old soul and his favourite is the classic Raspberry Ripple.
4. He went skydiving in New Zealand
Back in his heyday, Uncle Tan went skydiving while holidaying in New Zealand. While the jump didn’t quite happen due to poor weather conditions, it’s clear Uncle Tan was quite the daredevil in his youth.
5. Uncle Tan once owned a convenience store
Uncle Tan didn’t start off selling ice-cream – before this he had a convenience store selling all sorts of old-school goodies.
6. Locals are #TeamWafer while tourists are #TeamRainbowBread
We visited Uncle Tan one day and made a groundbreaking discovery – locals seem to prefer wafer to the rainbow bread! Doesn’t matter that Buzzfeed labelled the ice-cream sandwich one of the worst sandwiches in the world – everybody loves it.
7. There’s a secret menu item for adventurous connoisseurs
Besides having your ice-cream in a wafer, with bread or in a cup, Ice-Cream Uncles also carry premium Mao Shan Wang Durian potong ice-cream at $3 a pop!
8. The most popular flavour is Durian
Surprisingly, Uncle Tan says the most popular flavour is Durian! Most tourists relish the opportunity to try this very unique flavour, but even if it turns out to be a mistake, they can always wash it down with a bottle of mineral water for just SGD1.20.
9. They work from 11am to 7pm daily, but get up way before
Ever wonder how they magically replenish their ice-cream carts? Uncle Tan and other Ice-Cream Uncles have to go to Kim Tian Road every working day to stock up before they head to Orchard Road from 11am to 7pm.
10. Uncle Tan wants to go to Melbourne
Uncle Tan actually has family in Melbourne, Australia and wishes to travel there soon to visit.
Get your ice-cream now!
Now that you’ve gotten to know Uncle Tan a little better, here’s how you can support him!
Date: 20-22 April 2018
Venue: Orchard Road
To score a free ice-cream, simply follow these steps:
- Download the Klook App
- Add an ice-cream from any of the uncles into your cart –> https://goo.gl/GfYKPE
- Check out with promo code “HELLOUNCLE”
- Rock up and flash your in-app voucher to redeem!
Your F&N Ice-Cream Uncles can be found at the following locations:
- Tan – Outside ION Orchard
- Chan – Outside Wisma Atria
- Ang – Near Mandarin Orchard/Mandarin Gallery
RSVP for the App-solutely FREE Ice-Cream Uncle Giveaway event and receive event updates!