Hong Kong’s biggest sporting event, Hong Kong Rugby Sevens weekend, kicks off an annual party across the city – and what could be more iconic than a mobile party touring Hong Kong Island on a classic open-top tram! Exclusively for visitors*, you’ll scoot through the famous downtown areas of Hong Kong on a moving party tram offering drinks, music, games and gifts, spreading the Sevens party atmosphere to passengers and passers by.
*The registrant must be a bona fide visitor to Hong Kong staying for no more than 90 days and aged 18 or above.
The tram will be cruising the streets from 6th to 10th April (Wednesday to Sunday) with registration opening on 21st March – on a first-come-first-served basis!
Choose from two routes: West to East or East to West.
Western Market Terminus, Sheung Wan -> Causeway Bay Terminus
Schedule: 6:00pm-7:00pm | 7:00pm-8:00pm | 8:00pm-9:00pm | 9:00pm-10:00pm
Causeway Bay Terminus -> Western Market Terminus, Sheung Wan
Schedule: 7:00pm-8:00pm | 8:00pm-9:00pm | 9:00pm-10:00pm | 10:00pm-11:00pm
There will be 3 iconic trams rolling merrily down the streets of Hong Kong, cruising from the historic Western District, through chic Central, to buzzing Causeway Bay.
Kick-start the party on us! Each passenger will be offered two free drinks. The selection includes beer, soft drinks and water.
* Alcoholic drinks are limited to Participants aged 18 or above.
Party games will keep you entertained throughout the tram ride with gifts for the winners! Don’t worry if you’re not a lucky winner – they’ll be souvenirs for everyone!
FREE! Seats are limited and are on a first-come-first-served basis.
How Do I Get Myself A Ticket?
Registration starts at 10:00am (Hong Kong time) on 21 March 2016. Again, spaces are limited. Registration is available on a first-come, first-served basis, so be prepared! You can register for yourself and one other person.
The Small Print
- The Hong Kong Sevens Bar Tram (the ‘Event’) is co-presented by Hong Kong Tourism Board (HKTB), Hong Kong Rugby Union and Hong Kong Tramways for bona fide visitors staying in Hong Kong for no more than 90 days. Visitors are required to present their passports or valid travel document(s) for verification before boarding the tram.
- Tickets to the Event are complimentary for visitors who have successfully registered for the Event. Visitors shall not be required to pay for them.
- The Hong Kong Tourism Board is responsible for the promotion of the Event and distribution of the tickets for the Event. Registration will be open to all bona fide visitors from 21 March 2016 onwards and is available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Only visitors aged 18 or above can register. The registrant must be among those attending the Event. Each registrant can register for one additional participant, i.e. there shall be no more than two participants in total in each registration.
- Participants aged below 12 must be accompanied by the registrant at all times throughout the Event.
- Please click here for the detailed Terms & Conditions for the Event.