Traveling to Dubai?
Dubai is one Asia’s most sought-after destinations! It offers scenic views and thrilling experiences that are vastly different from the rest of Asia’s exotic nature. Unfortunately, Philippine passport holders are still required to go through a visa application process before entering Dubai. To help ease the process, Klook has put together a step-by-step guide to applying for a Dubai tourist visa. Check it out!
How To Apply for a Dubai/UAE Visa:
1. Get a Sponsor
Before applying for a Dubai Visa, you will need to get a sponsor. This can be a friend or relative who currently resides in Dubai, an airline, hotel, or a travel agency. Without a sponsor, your applications will not be processed, so take note!
For Airlines, we suggest applying with either Etihad or Emirates.
For Hotels, you may simply contact a hotel you’re interested in booking and ask if they offer visa services. Most Dubai hotels often do, so this shouldn’t be a problem.
For Travel Agencies, you can only apply under agencies based in Dubai. Take note that their prices may be slightly more expensive than others!
2. Figure out what kind of UAE Visa you need
There are three types of visas to choose from: Transit, Tourist and Visit Visa. For this visa guide, we’ll be discussing the tourist visa requirements. But, here’s a rundown of each visa type for your reference:
- Visit Visa – sponsored by relatives or friends residing in the UAE. Available for 30 days or 90 days.
- Tourist Visa – Tourist can stay in UAE for 30 days, under sponsorship from UAE airlines, hotels, and travel agencies.
- Transit Visa – Valid for 96 hours for 14 days from the date of issue given that (a) you have a valid passport and a confirmed booking to your third destination, or (b) must leave the UAE within 96 hours of arrival or 14 days after the visa has been issues, or (c) have a confirmed hotel reservation in UAE
3. Prepare the required documents for your Visa
In applying for a Dubai visa, there aren’t a lot of requirements needed. However, depending on who your sponsor is, more requirements may be asked of you For instance, if say Emirates or Etihad Airways will sponsor your visa, you will be required to present your flight details along with the rest of your application.
Here are the basic requirements for a UAE (Dubai) Visa as stated on visitdubai:
- Scanned copy of your Philippine passport bio (page 2) and last page
- Passport is valid for 6 more months from the date of intended travel
- Make sure that your travelers signature is indicated at the back
- Scanned colored ID Photo
- Colored passport-sized photo with white background
- Indicate name at the back then scan as well
- Accomplished application form
- Depending on who your sponsor may be, your application form may be different. That said, make sure to get a sponsor before proceeding with the rest of your application.
- However, for reference here is a copy of an application form from dubaivisa.net. Do note that some portions of the application form will need to be filled up by your sponsor.
- As mentioned, the format for the applications forms per sponsor may differ. For instance, if you intend to apply with Jumeirah hotels, their visa application may look like this. If you’re applying through Etihad Airways or Emirates, you can check out their visa application forms and processes here and here, respectively.
- Visa fee
- Again, depending on the sponsor you’ve chosen, the visa fee will vary. You may check the websites of various hotels in Dubai, airlines, and travel agencies to compare prices!
4. Prepare the supporting documents for your UAE Tourist Visa
You can expect that your sponsor will need more requirements from you in order to process your application. Here are some of the possible requirements that you may need to have ready:
- Round trip flight ticket : airline sponsors will typically ask you for a booking under their airline
- Hotel booking: Hotel sponsors will typically ask you for a booking under their accommodation
- Work Contract
- NSO Birth Certificate: Birth certificates will be needed especially if you’re traveling with minors
- Original Bank Certificate
- Copy of ITR (Income Tax Return)
5. Send your application over to your sponsor to take care of the rest!
Once you’ve put together all documents, send this over to your chosen sponsor! They will have to take care of the rest of your application, and all you have to do now is wait!
Additional Tips for Applying for a Dubai Visa:
1. Double check all your requirements!
Though your sponsor will most likely look through your application more than once, it won’t hurt to check your requirements multiple times before sending them in. Once your application is with your sponsor, it will be difficult to change and information and add to your documents.
2. Do extra research!
Since you will need a sponsor to process your application, go through as much hotels, agencies, and compare the prices to get the bang for your buck!
3. If possible, include as much supporting documents as possible!
Once you send in all your documents to your sponsor, they’re in charge of the rest of the process. That said, before turning in your requirements, do your part and look into the potential documents that you may need and include those as well.
Klook your way to Dubai!
Once you’ve got your visa, it’s time to explore this dynamic city! Whether you want to climb up the observatory deck of Burj Khalifa, or surf down the sand dunes at the desert, Klook’s got you covered!
This summer, achieve #AnythingGoals!
From Dubai to Denmark, with Klook you can achieve #AnythingGoals! From 30 April 2019 to 30 June 2019, you can get up to Php 2,500 OFF your Klook booking, applicable on any Klook activity! So what are you waiting for?