Stay indoors in Bangkok!
Bangkok weather hasn’t been the best lately! With air quality reaching harmful levels, the public is advised to stay indoors and avoid any prolonged outdoor exposure. While this may mean temporarily laying off Bangkok’s night markets and street shopping, there are still tons of things to do in the Land of Smiles!
Check out these 10 activities bound to keep you entertained in spite of the horrible weather conditions outside!
1. Visit Brown and friends at LINE Village Bangkok
Limited Time Deal: Enjoy 1-for-1 LINE Village Bangkok tickets when you book from now till 31 January 2019!
The world’s first and only LINE Village in Bangkok is the place to be for LINE fans all over the world! Featuring 23 themed rooms filled with interactive displays and even a virtual roller-coaster, we recommend setting aside a good part of your day to fully immerse yourself in the LINE experience!
Read our guide to LINE Village Bangkok for more details.
P.S. Don’t be afraid to ask the staff on-site to take your pictures for you! They’re more than happy to do so!
LINE Village Bangkok
Opening Hours: Daily 10:00am-10:00pm (Last entry at 9.00pm) | Entry to Adventure Rooms every 15 minutes
Address: Siam Square One Building (SQ) 338 Rama 1 Road, 1st Floor, Pathumwan, Bangkok, 10330
How To Get There: Take a BTS to Siam Station and proceed to Exit No.4. LINE Village Bangkok is located by the staircase of Siam Station
2. Explore the indoor floating market at ICONSIAM – Bangkok’s newest mall
If you haven’t already heard, ICONSIAM is Bangkok’s newest mall conveniently located by the Chao Phraya river. Before you dismiss this as just another mall, ICONSIAM is home to a 7-storey Takashimaya department store, Thailand’s first official Apple store and even an indoor floating market in the basement!
Redeem your FREE ICONSIAM Tourist Privilege Card on Klook to enjoy a host of exclusive discounts and offers including WiFi and lounge services as well as up to 30% off participating shops and brands!
Read our guide to ICONSIAM for more details.
Opening Hours: Daily 10:00am-10:00pm
Address: Khlong San, Bangkok, Thailand
How To Get There:
- Get off at Krung Thonburi BTS station Exit 1, then take the shuttle van to ICONSIAM (Available every 15 minutes from 8:00am-12:00am)
- Get off at Saphan Taksin BTS station Exit 2, then take the shuttle boat at Sathorn pier to ICONSIAM (Available every 10 minutes from 8:00am-11:30pm)
3. Join the S.H.I.E.L.D team at The Marvel Experience Thailand
Agenda for the day: save the world from the forces of evil!
Join S.H.I.E.L.D and the Avengers at the interactive Marvel Experience Thailand! With state-of-the-art VR technology and hyper-realistic animations, you too can join the ranks of Captain America on a quest to save the day.
Read our guide to learn more about The Marvel Experience Thailand!
The Marvel Experience Thailand
Opening Hours: Daily 9:00am-7:30pm
Address: Bang Kaeo, Bang Phli, Samut Prakan 10540
How To Get There:
- Take the BTS to Udom Suk Station Exit No.5. Please proceed to the bus stop in front of the 7-Eleven store where a free shuttle bus service to The Marvel Experience Thailand is available from 8:00am to 11:00pm
- You can also go to The Marvel Experience Thailand via taxi
4. Escape to a world underwater at SEA Life Bangkok Ocean World
Rub shoulders with more than 400 marine species at SEA LIFE Bangkok Ocean World! You won’t have to travel far to get to the aquarium. With its prime location in Siam Paragon, you can spend a morning with the fishes and still have time for some retail therapy after!
SEA Life Ocean World Bangkok
Opening Hours: Daily 10:00am-8:00pm
Address: B1-B2 Floor, Siam Paragon, 991 Rama 1 Road, Pathumwan, Bangkok 10330 Thailand
How To Get There: Take Exit 5 from the BTS Siam Station, which provides direct access to Siam Paragon
5. Catch one of Bangkok’s top shows at Siam Niramit Bangkok
Learn about history the fun way with this entertaining, high energy show at Siam Niramit! More than just a show, guests can participate in a range of pre-show activities including elephant feeding and other lively performances.
Make it a full package by opting for the full buffet dinner package and sit back and you have your evening plans all settled!
Siam Niramit Bangkok
- Buffet hours: 5:00pm-7:45pm
- Pre-show entertainment: 7:00pm-7:30pm
- Theatre doors open at 7:30pm
- Show starts at 8:00pm (Duration: 80 mins without intermission)
Address: 19 Tiamruammit Road, HuayKwang, Bangkok 10320
How To Get There:
- Siam Niramit runs a free shuttle bus from Thailand Cultural Centre MRT Station, Exit 1. Pickups begin at 5:15pm, at roughly 15-min intervals. Drop-offs resume at the end of the show. First-come, first-served.
- Alternatively you may wish to book a private car transfer for a hassle-free commute.
6. Chill out at Let’s Relax Bangkok – one of the best spas in town
When you feel like you need a breather from all the shopping or eating you’ve done, head to Let’s Relax – home of some of Bangkok’s best spa treatments. Expect comfortable, modern surroundings and a variety of massages and treatments – all at reasonable prices!
Book on Klook to reserve your slot without having to head down to the outlet! Do be reminded to check if your preferred slot is available before you proceed with purchasing your session.
7. Entertain the kids at KidZania Bangkok
Kids can be a tough bunch, but not when they have KidZania Bangkok to keep them entertained!
Featuring more than 70 interactive stations mimicking real-life occupations like chef, surgeon and firefighter, kids get to spend a day in the shoes of an adult and be exposed to “real-life” situations.
Opening Hours: Weekdays 10:00am-5:00pm | Weekends 10:30am-8:30pm
Address: 5/F, Siam Paragon Shopping Complex, 991 Rama I Rd., Patumwan, Bangkok 10330
How To Get There: Take Mo Chit BTS line, get off at Siam BTS station. Take exit no.5, walk to Siam Paragon shopping complex. KidZania is located in Siam Paragon shopping complex on the 5th floor right across from Paragon Hall 2.
8. Show off your best angles at Art in Paradise Bangkok
This Instagram generation loves nothing more than to get their cameras out, so Art in Paradise is practically a no-brainer if you need an activity to occupy yourself with.
Experience five 3D galleries in Thailand’s first optical illusion gallery including interactive features that detect your actions and respond accordingly!
Art in Paradise Bangkok
Opening Hours: Daily 10:00am-10:00pm
Address: Esplanade Shopping Mall, 4th Floor, Ratchadapisek Road, Din Daeng, Bangkok 10400
How To Get There: Take the MRT to Thailand Cultural Centre Station. Esplanade Shopping Mall is located right next to the station.
9. Spoil yourself with a lavish afternoon tea at Erawan Tea Room
When a dining establishment is named one of the “world’s best high teas” by Lonely Planet, you know you just have to go try it for yourself.
Dig into a mix of local Thai delicacies and other Asian classics at an affordable price in the beautiful surroundings of the Erawan Tea Room for an afternoon well spent.
Erawan Tea Room @ Grand Hyatt Bangkok
Opening Hours: Daily 2:30pm-6:00pm
Address: 494 Rajdamri Road, Bangkok 10330, Thailand.
How To Get There: Erawan Tea Room is a 5-minute walk from BTS Chit Lom Station.
10. Grab your friends for a game of laser tag at Siam Laser Games
This is the perfect activity for those travelling in large groups! Participate in a thrilling battle with your friends complete with immersive light and sound systems at Siam Laser Games!
Players get to choose between two themed fields – Lava Castle or Ocean Forest – and pick sides. Each game can take up to 56 players, so there’s no such thing as too many people!
Siam Laser Games
- Monday-Thursday and Sundays: 11:00am-11:30pm
- Friday-Saturday: 11:00am-12:30am
Address: Siam Laser Games, B1 Fl, Novotel Bangkok, Siam Square Soi 6, Bangkok, Thailand
How To Get There: Get off at Siam BTS station, take Exit 6. Head to Novotel Siam which is located on Siam Square alley 6. Siam Laser Games is located on B1 fl. of Novotel Siam.