With Bangkok just over 100 kilometers away, Pattaya has been frequented by travelers from all over the world for its huge variety of activities and attractions to enjoy, whether you’ve come as a family, a couple or as a group of friends. From luxurious beach resorts to bustling street markets, from diving into the blue sea to dancing the night away in the town’s hottest party spot, Pattaya has all the ingredients for the perfect vacation. Here is a suggested itinerary in order to maximize enjoyment and minimize travel time during your trip:
Jomtien Beach & Tiffany’s Show
- Enjoy the morning at one of Pattaya’s most popular beaches, Jomtien Beach, which is a getaway for both Bangkok locals looking to relax at the weekends, as well as travelers from all over the globe. But don’t let that fool you; stretching out at 6km, Jomtien Beach is a lot more tranquil than its counterpart, Pattaya Beach. You can enjoy a variety of water sports, such as jet-skiing, banana boating and windsurfing, as well as the option to rent beach beds if you’re just looking to work on your tan.
- Dine al fresco at Rimpa Lapin, a Thai fusion restaurant offering delicious, fresh seafood dishes and jaw-dropping scenery. It’s not everyday you eat on top of a cliff overlooking the clear blue waters of Thailand!
- Check out Tiffany’s Show, Thailand’s premier ladyboy cabaret show which has become a sensation for all that have experienced it. At #4 in the list of the world’s “Top Ten Best Shows,” Tiffany’s Show is unmissable on your visit to Pattaya. Showtimes are 6pm, 7:30pm and 9pm daily.
- Gorge on Thai delicacies at Siam Elephant Bar & Restaurant, situated at buzzing Pattaya Beach. After your meal, check out the nightlife in one of Thailand’s most sought after partying destinations. For those who are in for a wild night, go over to Mixx Discotheque, one of Pattaya’s largest and most happening dance clubs. Or for a more chilled-out vibe, drop by Horizon Bar at the Hilton Pattaya, for a signature cocktail and sexy ocean views.
Nong Nooch Tropical Garden and North Pattaya
Nong Nooch Tropical Gardens
- Explore the lush Nong Nooch Tropical Garden: with 600 acres of trees, topiaries and waterfalls, you will feel like you have landed in a fairytale. You can watch an elephant and Thai cultural show, as well as enjoy a scrumptious Thai buffet lunch during your visit!
- After an afternoon of strolling around the gardens, go for some cultural sightseeing in North Pattaya. Home to some unique, off-beat museums, such as the Bottle Art Museum, dozens of Buddhist temples, and Prasat Satchatham, a magnificent wooden structure also known as “The Sanctuary of Truth.”
- Eat dinner at the trendy Mantra Restaurant & Bar, where you will find fusion dishes from several cuisines, such as Chinese, Japanese and Mediterranean, as well as a cool atmosphere and friendly staff.
- Take a day trip to Koh Larn (“Coral Island” in English), a small island surrounded by crystal clear water off the west coast of Pattaya. Ferries from Pattaya to Koh Larn take approximately 45 minutes, and depart from Bali Hai Pier in Pattaya from 7am to 6:30pm daily.
- Explore any of the six gorgeous beaches on the island. Ta Waen Beach is amongst the more popular ones, offering a variety of water sports, or head to Nual Beach, which is abundant in colorful coral, and an excellent location to do some snorkelling.
- Renting a motorbike is arguably one of the best ways to get around the 4km long island. With motorbike rentals available all around the island, you can easily find a good rental for approximately 300 baht. Make sure you ride over to Khao Nom Viewpoint, where you can witness a spectacular view of Pattaya City.
- Wine and dine at the Lareena Resort, a Mediterranean-esque establishment that is situated in the sea. With a selection of mouth-watering local dishes, you can enjoy your meal with a wide selection of summery cocktails.