Jakarta Historical Tour
- Check out some of the most popular landmarks in Jakarta as you walk across the center of the capital city
- Visit Istiqlal Mosque and Jakarta Cathedral, standing across each other as symbols of harmony and tolerance
- Marvel at the National Monument, or Monas, which towers over Merdeka (Freedom) Square at 137 meters tall
- Explore the preseved buildings in Jakarta Old Town as a reminder of Indonesia's history
- Learn about Jakarta's history from the colonial times to present day on your visit to Fatahillah Museum
What to expect
First time visiting Jakarta or simply want to deepen your knowledge about this vibrant city? Join this three-hour guided tour of Jakarta and completely immerse yourself in its unique and diverse cultural traditions as you explore the key landmarks in the area! Meet your tour group at the designated meet up place, then travel by car to the first stop of the day, Jakarta Cathedral. Known as the oldest cathedral in the city, you'll spend a few minutes here taking in the building's stunning neo-gothic architectural style as you listen to your English-speaking guide spout historical facts. Standing across the cathedral is Istiqlal Mosque, the biggest mosque in Southeast Asia and Indonesia's national mosque. Enter the mosque and take in the serene quiet of the establishment as you explore its contents (following the dress code is a must, or you'll have to wear robes provided by the mosque). Your last stop for the day is the National Monument, or Monas, which towers over the neighboring Merdeka (Freedom) Square at 137 meters tall! Climb up to the top of of the monument for a great view of your surrounding area, then check out the museum at the base of the monument, where you'll learn about significance of the monument to the Indonesian independence movement.