Chinatown Walking Day Tour
- Learn more about this activity’s Enhanced Health & Hygiene Measures
- Check out the cool Chinese-style house used as a hotel-office-apartment complex that mixes past and present
- Explore a traditional wet market at Petak Sembilan and check out exotic food items like frogs and sea cucumber
- Visit the oldest temple in Jakarta, Vihara Dharma Bhakti, built in 1650 under Luitenant der Chinezen Kwee Hoen
- Taste traditional Indonesian flavors with one food item, selected by your guide, and a Chinese Snack Gift Set
- Go shopping at Chinatown Street Market, the perfect place to shop for souvenirs to bring home!
What to expect
Immerse yourself in Jakarta's unique and diverse culture with this three-hour exploration of Glodok, known as the oldest Chinatown in Indonesia. Designated in 1740 as a residential area for the ethnic Chinese community, this is one of the best places to visit to get a real feel of the day-to-day lives of the locals. Meet up with your tour group at the Busway Station Glodok, then proceed towards the first stop of the tour: the Novotel Hotel. Check out the awesome old-style Chinese house that's been converted to a modern hotel-office-apartment complex and marvel at how the past and present architectural styles meet. Explore Petak Sembilan Traditional Market and see the brightly-colored fresh fruits and vegetables being sold, as well as the exotic food items like frogs and sea cucumbers! Here you'll get to try a traditional dish, to be selected at random by your accompanying tour guide. Stop by the oldest temple in Jakarta, Vihara Dharma Bhakti, built in 1650 under Luitenant der Chinezen Kwee Hoen. Head to St. Maria de Fatima Church, a 19th-century mansion transformed into a Catholic Church with a distinct interior that combines traditional Chinese aesthetics with a Catholic design. Your last stop for the tour is Vihara Toa Se Bio Temple, a backstreet temple filled with people praying as the strong scent of incense floats in the air, before the tour concludes, leaving you with two awesome souvenirs: a gift set with Chinese snacks and an English guidebook!