Twin Lakes Natural Park and Dumaguete City Tour
Recharge as you are surrounded by the majestic lakes of Dumaguete and have a look around Dumaguete City!
- Explore the twin crater lakes of Balinsasayao and Danao, situated 1,000 feet above sea level
- Marvel at the crystal clear lakes reflecting the emerald tones of the surrounding forests
- Enjoy panoramic views of the Tanon Strait, Mt. Guintabon in the east and Mt. Guinsayawan in the west
- Trek through the forests teeming with life with over 184 species of terrestrial vertebrates and 180 species of forest trees surrounding the twin lakes
- See the most important sights of Dumaguete City with a visit to SIliman University, Handumanan Souvenir Shop, Sansrival Cafe and Dumaguete City Boulevard
What to expect
Make the most of your Dumaguete visit by exploring not just famous city spots but also the tranquil and lush forests nestled at the Balinsasayao Twin Lakes Natural Park! Tucked away in the mountains of southern Negros are the captivating Lake Balinsasayao and its twin, Lake Danao. These freshwater crater lakes rise 1,000 feet above sea level, separated by a narrow mountain ridge. Your guide will show you around the forests, teeming with diverse flora and fauna, including rare species such as the Japanese Night Heron. Conclude your trek with a kayak ride to the center of the lakes. There is a small canteen selling beverages and light snacks in the area should you prefer to have lunch along the lake shore. After your commune with nature, your guide will bring you back to the city for a visit to prominent locations such as the Siliman University and do a bit of shopping at Handumanan Souvenir Shop before returning to your hotel.
Things to note
- Ask your driver to take you to the famed local restaurant Lab-as Seafoods, a popular restaurant by the sea, which offers live fresh fish, crabs, oysters, and other native specialties!