Delphi Day Tour from Athens
Feel the Ancient Greek stories come to life as you explore Delphi
- Travel back in time with a visit to Delphi, a UNESCO-listed archaeological site
- Explore the ruins of a city, with a temple, stadium, and even a theatre!
- Take a walk along the ancient trails and try to imagine the life in ancient Greece
- Explore the Temple of Apollo, the most important sanctuary for Apollo in the town of Delphi
- Visit Delphi Museum, one of the top must-see museums in Greece!
What to expect
Travel back in time and visit the remnants of ancient Greece on this one-day tour of Delphi from Athens. The tour begins with a pick up at your hotel and a meet up with your guide at the tour office and depart for Delphi, all while being treated to a picturesque view and fun stories about classical Greece! Stretch your legs for a few minutes at the town of Levadia, a mountainous town known for their production of brightly colored carpets, before continuing the trip to Delphi. Walk around the city's ruins and make a stop at the Temple of Apollo, where you can admire the Doric columns made of porous stone and limestone, as well as the gorgeous view of the surrounding area! Explore the Delphi Archaeological Museum, filled with artifacts from 15th century BC to 4th century AD. Take a quick lunch break to reenergize yourself and enjoy a brief stopover at the village of Arachova, a cosmopolitan winter destination, before heading back to Athens.