North Coast Whitewater River Rafting (East Glacial River)
- Combat the raging rapids at the East Glacial River in this join in adventure
- Spectacular deep canyon scenery and relentless heart-pumping whitewater
- The East has been consistently rated one of Europe’s best rafting rivers
- Always at the top of popular guide books’ lists of “must-do’s” in Iceland
- You'll be provided with all rafting equipment: drysuit, PFD, helmet, booties, and gloves
- Qualified, professional English speaking guides will help you mount this unforgettable adventure!
What to expect
If you're looking for a touch of excitement and danger in your trip to North Coast, thrill seekers will enjoy this whitewater river rafting journey in the East Glacial River. Not only will you be able to take on the powers of the river's white water, but you'll also get to marvel at the deep canyon scenery that bracket the waters. This river has been considered as one of the best rivers in all of Europe to go on a whitewater rafting adventure, and professional guides and trainers will provide you with all the necessary safety equipment and training you'll need to head into this extreme sport!
Things to note
- You are likely to get wet on this adventure, so brace yourself
- All rafting trips run on glacial rivers, which means that the water we paddle in is recently melted ice
- As the environment and the elements are unpredictable (often cold and always wet) overexposure will not only leave you shivering and cold, but it can easily become a serious safety concern if you sneak in unprepared. Make absolutely sure you prepare adequately against the elements
- What to wear on the tour: thermal underwear/base layers, warm fleece top/wool sweater, fleece pants/extra long johns, thick wool socks/hiking socks (at least 1 pair)
- Other items to bring: dry clothes for after the river trip, any necessary medications (asthma inhalers, etc.)