Puerto Princesa Underground River Day Tour in Palawan
Visit a UNESCO World Heritage Site!
- Explore the Puerto Princesa Underground River National Park, a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- See one of the "New 7 Wonders of the World", the longest navigable subterranean river
- Visit the Puerto Princesa Underground River National Park, to see wildlife and some birdwatching
- Learn more about the Underground River from your audio guide available in multiple languages, and from your friendly guide
- Enjoy a delicious buffet lunch before going back to downtown Puerto Princesa City
- A hotel pick up and drop off will bring you to and from your adventures safely and hassle-free!
Most recent review in Puerto Princesa Underground River Day Tour
What to expect in Puerto Princesa Underground River Day Tour
Named as a UNESCO World Heritage Site, there are few places in the Philippines that are as unforgettable and iconic as the natural wonders that can be found in the Underground River near Puerto Princesa city. A day tour to this breathtaking location will take you through what is now named as one of the New Seven Wonders of the World. After an early morning pick up, you'll drive to Sabang Wharf before transfering by boat to the Underground River National Park. This location is not merely the access to the river: it's also a national park that is a haven for local and some endemic wildlife in the Philippines, and famous as a birdwatching site. The highlight of the tour remains as the guided paddle boat which will take you across the underground river. For around 45 minutes, you'll be able to explore this deep, cavernous river, and see the rock formations that have captured the imagination of the world. Listen to your audio commentary or get insider knowledge from your boatman guide as he points out numerous fascinating features within the cave by torchlight. From stalagmites and stalactites shaped as vegetables, dinosaurs, Jesus and more, to the thousands of swallows and bats that swoop about the tunnels, you're sure to be in awe throughout the trip. After this thrilling experience, you'll enjoy a delicious buffet spread at a restaurant at Sabang Wharf, before being brought back to your hotel with the knowledge that you have just been in one of the finest wonders of the world.
Things to note
- We recommend that you wear flip flops or shoes that are easy to take on and off as you may have to step into the water to transfer in and out of the boats
- Bring a bag that can be zipped up and leave any food items in the van. You may come across monkeys in the national park and they are always eager for a snack! Avoid bringing plastic bags as the monkeys associate them with food!
- Bring along insect repellant and sunscreen, and don't forget your camera!
Puerto Princesa Underground River Day Tour FAQs
Q: May I cancel the booking and get a refund?
A: Full refunds will be issued for cancellations made at least 7 days prior to the activity.
Q: When is the pick up time?
A: The pick up time is approximately 7:00am. The exact pick up time will be reconfirmed by your guide in advance.
Q: When will my booking be confirmed?
A: You will receive confirmation of your booking availability instantly. Once confirmed, we will send you the voucher via email. In the event that you do not receive an email from us, please check your Spam folder or login to your KLOOK account to check the voucher in My Booking. Moreover, you may contact us for further assistance.
Q: Are child tickets available for this activity?
A: Yes, but the ticket prices vary depending on your child's age. Please check the selected package details for more information.
Q: What is the Environmental Fee for this activity? How much should we pay for it?
A; Visitors are required to pay the environmental fee in cash to enter the underground river, valid for up to five days. Participants aged 21+ must pay PHP150, while participants aged 3-20 must pay PHP120/