Chennai Shopping Private Tour
- Don’t miss the opportunity of exploring Chennai’s vibrant market scene in Sowcarpet
- Sowcarpet is home to the most significant markets: Godown st., Unique Parry’s Corner, & Burma Bazaar
- Discover authentic Indian fares and street food as you walk through Black Town and George Town
- Find souvenir items, traditional dresses, sarees as well as perfumes and electronic devices
- Try asking for a small discount if you’re buying things in bulk and make the most out of your shopping
What to expect
Spend the day shopping to your heart’s content as you explore the markets dominating the Sowcarpet neighborhood. Offering a different guise of the city, Sowcarpet is bright, radiant, and livelier than its neighboring counterparts. On this tour, walk through the bustling streets and splurge on souvenir items, clothing, and authentic Indian fares in the most vibrant part of the city. Learn why frequent shoppers favor Sowcarpet on your journey through a series of wholesale markets trapped within narrow streets and buildings. Find everything you need at Godown Street from dresses, traditional Indian wear, sarees (traditional drape garment for women), and shoes in vibrant colors and styles at wholesale prices. Continue toward Unique Parry’s Corner before moving on to the Burma Bazaar, a market run by Burmese refugees, a melting pot of all kinds of goods from DVDs, perfumes, and electronic devices sold at marked down prices. Take a break in between and delight in an impressive selection of street food at the hawker stalls in Black Town and George Town to make your local experience official.