Notes to Participants
- The tours are opened to bona fide visitors aged 12 to 70
- Please do multiple bookings for reservation of 3 person or above
Route View Map
(Point 1) Wong Nai Chung Reservoir -- (Point 2) Violet Hill -- Point (3) A glimpse of Repulse Bay (4) The Twins (5) Stanley Gap Road
- Difficulty: Very Difficulty
- Hiking time: ~ 3 hours
- Distance: ~ 4.8 km
- The hike is physically demanding. Stock up before the trip and make sure you bring sufficient amount of water
- Tour guide and round trip transportation are provided.
Assembly and Dismissal Details
- Assembly time: 8:00 am
- Assembly and dismissal point: Middle Road (Ground Level of Exit L1, MTR Tsim Sha Tsui Station), Tsim Sha Tsui, Kowloon
- Roundtrip transportation: assembly point to the hiking starting point and the hiking end point to dismissal point
Before the hike:
- Make sure you are covered by travel or other applicable insurance.
- Gauge whether your fitness level is appropriate for the difficulty level of the route.
- Any person who is pregnant or suffering from chronic diseases such as heart disease or high blood pressure should not participate in the this event.
- For participants between the age of 12 to 17, they must obtain consent from their parents or guardians in order to join the tour. Parents/Guardians are required to sign Parent/Guardian Consent Form at the assembly point before the commencement of the Tour.
- Pay attention to weather conditions – if the trip is to be cancelled due to inclement weather, you will be notified 2 hours before the assembly time of the trip by email. In this case a refund of the registration fee will be arranged.
- If weather condition deteriorates during the tour, the programme host may shorten or terminate the trip for safety’s sake. There will not be any refund of the registration fee in this case.
- Read the activity details and tips carefully and familiarise yourself with your chosen route.
- Wear appropriate gear and bring along extra clothing and supplies, such as hats, parasols, raincoats, windbreakers, maps, compasses, hiking sticks, water, food, electric torches, umbrellas, radios, first-aid kits, mobile phones etc. for different weather condition.
- Although there is no reported Zika transmission case in Hong Kong, participants are advised to apply mosquito repellent containing DEET when going to bush areas.
- The programme host will disseminate information to all Participants by email. Please ensure that the registered email address is valid and checked regularly.
At the assembly point:
- Participants should present their passports to verify their reservation.
- For participant aged under 18 must be able to hike on his/her own. His/her parent or guardian should show up in the assembly point for signing the Parent/Guardian Consent Form.
During the hike:
- Always follow the guidance of the representative(s) of programme host.
- Pay attention to the signs and terrain along the road to ensure that the route is correct. Always heed warning signs.
- Do not attempt to take any shortcuts, or stray away from the designated route or leave the team.
- Do not pick or eat wild fruit or drink spring water.
- Do not stand on cliff edges or climb onto rocks to take pictures or view scenery.
- Do not swim in reservoirs, rivers or at unmanned beaches.
- Do not litter or disrupt flora and fauna.
- Cooking or making fires is only permitted in designated areas. It is against the law to do so elsewhere, and could result in mountain fires.
- All participants are responsible for their own safety and should not leave the team and to make sure that they are physically fit to finish the entire tour. The organiser shall not be held responsible for any accident of whatever kind resulting in death or injury to the participants or for any damage to or loss of their personal property arising from the tour save where the same shall arise from the gross negligence or willful default of the organiser.
- Mobile phone coverage varies throughout Hong Kong’s trails. Poor coverage is especially likely to occur in eastern Sai Kung and northern Plover Cove.
- The HKTB and programme host has the right to reject any participant known or suspected to be unfit for the tours.
- Should you require any assistance, do not hesitate to voice out to the representative(s) of programme host.
- In the event of an emergency, note the number of the nearest distance post (e.g., M001) along your way, and call 112 or 999 or use the nearest emergency telephone.
For more details on hiking safety, please visit the Agriculture, Fisheries and Conservation Department website
The English version of all disclaimers, notices and terms and conditions on the registration system shall prevail.
1. I’m not a regular hiker. Am I fit for this tour?
This is a strenuous hike. Climbing 2 peaks in a couple of hours makes for an intense work out. This tour is recommended for experienced hikers or persons who exercise regularly.
2. What should I wear for this trip?
Good walking shoes or hiking boots. Bring along an all-weather jacket as there is little shelter along the way. You may also want to see more tips in the “Before the hike” section on helpful gear and accessories.
3. Is there any replenishment point during the trip?
No, there isn’t any replenishment point during the trip. Make sure you have enough water and some snacks before the tour departs. There is a convenient store at the assembly point of the tour.
4. Can I leave in the middle of the trip?
Leaving the tour in the middle of the trip is not recommended. Please ensure you are physically fit to complete the entire tour. If you wish to leave in the middle of the tour, please complete a notification form available from the representative(s) of programme host. By leaving the tour you agree that you will be solely responsible for all liability arising from illness, injury, death, loss and economic consequences you may suffer or incur as a result of leaving the Tour in the middle of the trip. Please take note that public transportation is only available at the end of this tour and you have to pay for the transportation at your own costs.