Le Morne Horseback Riding in Mauritius
- Saddle up and explore the beaches and mountains of Le Morne on a beautiful retired racehorse
- Take in the majesty of Le Morne Mountain, once home to slaves on the run for their freedom
- Wade into the water with your horse – don't worry, it's perfectly safe!
- Beach horseback riding is fairly easy, so participants are not required to have any riding experience however mountain horseback riding is relatively difficult so you must have previous riding experience or be ready to take on the challenge!
Most recent review
What to expect
Tread the landmark Morne Brabant mountain on horseback and grace the monolithic peaks with renewed appreciation. Known as the refuge to runaway slaves in the 18th to early 19th centuries, Le Morne remains a powerful symbol of slave rights and freedom, suffering and sacrifice. Coupled with majestic sea views all around, including Benitier's Island to the north and Forneau Island to the south, you're sure to find yourself breathless with awe. You'll also get to dip in the cool waters of the beaches with your own mare, a beautiful, retired racehorse.
Things to note
What To Bring:
- Long trousers are suggested
- Sunglasses and sunscreen
- Flat and comfortable shoes