Tokyo Kimono Experience with Japanese Hairstyling (Aiwafuku Shop 1)
- Learn more about this activity’s Enhanced Health & Hygiene Measures
- Experience what it's like to wear an authentic kimono as you stroll the historic streets of Asakusa
- Choose your preferred kimono or Yukata design and let the experts dress you and style your hair
- Get great deals on Tokyo Kimono rentals when you avail of the group or couple packages
- If this is sold out on this page, you can also check the availability in Shop 2!
- Go and try unique Japanese gourmet meals in these delicious restaurants of Tokyo!
What to expect
On arrival at one of the three Asakusa Kimono rental stores, you'll be presented with a wide array of colorful kimonos to choose from. Yukata (summer kimonos) are available for the hotter months whilst the 'hakama with casual furisode' is the popular option for graduating female students, a tradition dating back to the Meiji Period. Make your selection before being whisked into the styling area where skilled experts will diligently dress you in your kimono (complete with robe, obi, bag, socks, shoes, and shawl) and hairstyling with decorative ornaments. After this, you'll have free time to stroll through Asakusa, an area that still retains a very traditional Tokyo atmosphere - the perfect backdrop for your photos! The Tokyo Kimono Experience offers a choice of packages designed for individuals, couples, friends, and graduating students, and services in English, Japanese, or Chinese.
Things to note
- For a more authentic look, if you choose Hakama & Casual Furisode package, we suggest you bring your own stringed ankle boots or knee high boots to mimic the outfits of girls in the Meiji period
- For tips on what to wear under the kimono to avoid getting sick, kindly check the official website for reference