Tokyo Kimono Experience with Japanese Hairstyling (Aiwafuku Shop 1)
- Learn more about this activity’s Enhanced Health & Hygiene Measures
- Experience what it's like to wear an authentic kimono as you stroll the historic streets of Asakusa
- Choose your preferred kimono or Yukata design and let the experts dress you and style your hair
- Get great deals on Tokyo Kimono rentals when you avail of the group or couple packages
- If this is sold out on this page, you can also check the availability in Shop 2!
- Go and try unique Japanese gourmet meals in these delicious restaurants of Tokyo!
Often booked together
Most recent review
What to expect
On arrival at one of the three Asakusa Kimono rental stores, you'll be presented with a wide array of colorful kimonos to choose from. Yukata (summer kimonos) are available for the hotter months whilst the 'hakama with casual furisode' is the popular option for graduating female students, a tradition dating back to the Meiji Period. Make your selection before being whisked into the styling area where skilled experts will diligently dress you in your kimono (complete with robe, obi, bag, socks, shoes, and shawl) and hairstyling with decorative ornaments. After this, you'll have free time to stroll through Asakusa, an area that still retains a very traditional Tokyo atmosphere - the perfect backdrop for your photos! The Tokyo Kimono Experience offers a choice of packages designed for individuals, couples, friends, and graduating students, and services in English, Japanese, or Chinese.
Things to note
- For a more authentic look, if you choose Hakama & Casual Furisode package, we suggest you bring your own stringed ankle boots or knee high boots to mimic the outfits of girls in the Meiji period
- For tips on what to wear under the kimono to avoid getting sick, kindly check the official website for reference
Q: May I cancel my booking due to inclement weather conditions?
A: Full refunds will be issued for cancellations made at least 24 hour(s) before the selected activity date
Q: May I amend the participation time?
A: The voucher is only valid on the specified date and time
Q: May I add a package on the spot with additional payment?
A: The package you will be receiving will be based on the voucher you purchased. You may inquire from the staff on the spot about any add-ons.
Q: May I change my package?
A: If within the cancellation period, kindly cancel booking and re-purchase the package you prefer.
Q: May I ask for a partial refund if I don't need hair ornaments?
A: Payment cannot be adjusted by personal preference.
Q: Are there any kimonos for kids to wear?
A: Yes, there are kimono sizes that will fit children 80cm to 140cm in height, but these are not available on Klook and can only be reserved on the spot. Please ask the staff for assistance during your visit.
Q: Is there a professional photo service available for this experience?
A: Yes. There is a professional photography company on site that can take pictures. Please see the official website for plans and pricing.
Q: Does this experience include hair styling?
A: Yes. Simple hair styling is included with the experience. Additional hair styles are also available for a JPY 2000 per person surcharge. Please note that elaborate hair styling may not be possible. Please consult the stylist to see what will work best for you.
Q: Can the staff speak other languages besides Japanese?
A: Yes. There are staff members who can speak English and Chinese.