A Day Tour in Jiufen and Shifen From Ximen (Day and Night Scene in Jiufen)
- Meet up at Ximen MRT Station, conveniently located in Taipei's main staying area
- Enjoy return transfers with the Jiufen shuttle bus from Ximen and plan your own itinerary
- Decorate and set off a sky lantern along the historic railway tracks in Shifen
- See the majesty of the Shifen Waterfalls, the broadest waterfall in Taiwan at 40m wide
- Book at least one day in advance and get ticket confirmation instantly
- Don’t miss out on the One Day Traditional Chinese Dress Rental in Jiufen for the most special experience in Jiufen!
- You can also check out Skyline Teahouse, Shan Cheng Creation House, Jioufen Teahouse, and Amei Teahouse to experience the traditional Taiwanese tea culture in Jiufen!
- Conveniently reach other destinations in Taipei by shuttle bus: Yehliu Geopark, Jiufen, Shifen and Keelung Miaokow Night Market, Yangmingshan
Most recent review
What to expect
As any visitor to Taipei knows, the quaint and historic hillside village of Jiufen is arguably the number one place to visit near Taipei. But it's not the most convenient place to get to - until now! Avoid the slow buses and expensive taxis, and book this extremely convenient return day trip transfer - the Jiufen shuttle bus from Ximen - for a discounted price! Stop off at Shifen along the way to decorate a paper lantern and make a wish as it floats into the sky. Then stroll the cobbled alleys of Jiufen lined with glowing red lanterns, browse for souvenirs, eat local taro desserts or settle in to a traditional teahouse and take it all in. This isn't a guided tour, so you're free to enjoy Jiufen on your own time. What's more, you'll even get the chance to meet like-minded travelers on the bus journey. It really is the best way to get to Jiufen from Taipei!
Things To Note
- You will receive confirmation of your booking instantly via email. In the event that you do not receive an email from us, please check your Spam folder or notify us via email
- Only carry on bags are allowed on-board. There is no space for suitcases
- Children aged 4+ will be charged the same rate as adults
- An infant fee (insurance) of TWD50 is only applicable to children (who will be seated on their parents' lap) aged 0-3 years old
- If you need to bring a baby carriage, please make an inquiry for availability before you make your booking
- If you wish to experience the sky lantern in Shifen, lantern fees will be TWD150 for single color and TWD200 for multi-color
- You must arrive at the meet up point on time. If you are late, the bus will not wait for you
- Taiwan Food Promo Information:
- TWD80 Coupon Voucher: Spend a minimum of TWD400 on selected Taiwan’s Best Food & Must-Eats activities
- TWD20 Coupon Voucher: Get TWD20 off when you spend on selected Taiwan Best Food & Must-Eats activities
- Apply the promo code (to be sent via email) to your booking while stocks last
- Both vouchers are valid until 31 Mar 2020
Q: Can I come back from Jiufen the next day ?
A: This bus only provides a same-day return. If you would like to stay overnight in Jiufen, please make sure that you tell the driver so that the driver and passengers on the bus won’t wait for you unnecessarily. Please note that you won’t get any compensation if you don’t take the return journey. You will have to organize your own transport back the next day when you decide to return.
Q: Does a 15 month old baby need to buy a ticket?
A: Yes, all travelers must buy a ticket, even babies. The price is the same as for adults. The charge is mainly for the operator to buy insurance for every passenger.
Q: Do we have time to go to Shifen waterfall and to fly lanterns at Shifen?
A: Not quite enough. We suggest you just fly the lanterns and walk along Shifen Old Street. Since it takes about 40 minutes just to walk to and from Shifen Waterfall.