ICOCA IC Card (Osaka Pick Up)
- Use this comparison guide in choosing among the different transportation passes in Japan
- Get this convenient, all-in-one travel card for JR West trains and the Kansai area’s subway, private, railway, and buses!
- It’s preloaded with JPY1,500 and easily reloaded at any ICOCA IC Card redemption stations
- Present your card and get discounts on Kansai Airport Express “Haruka” (for Shin-Osaka, Kyoto, and more)
- ICOCA card is also valid for shopping inside train stations, vending machines, and select stores/restaurants
Most recent review
What to expect
Visit any modern city these days and chances are there will be a local travel card making transportation, shopping and more even easier. It's the Octopus Card in Hong Kong, Easy Card in Taiwan, Suica Card in Tokyo, and for the Kansai region it's the ICOCA Card. A play on the phrase 'Iko ka' (行こか) meaning 'Shall we go?' in the local dialect, the card covers the major cities of the Kansai region including Osaka, Kyoto and Kobe. With one swipe of the contactless card, you can seamlessly hop aboard metros, buses, trains or even pay for your shopping. The ICOCA IC Card is handily preloaded with JPY1,500 plus JPY500 deposit, so it's ready to use right after pickup.
Things To Note
- You will receive confirmation of your booking instantly via email. In the event that you do not receive an email from us, please check your Spam folder or notify us via email
- Children aged 0-5 can either purchase adult cards or buy child ICOCA IC Cards, available at any JR West ticket counter
- Maximum Stored Amount: JPY20,000. The card can be loaded and used as many times as desired
- Balance can be checked by using the ticket vending machines at the station
- The card expires if unused for 10 years. Expired cards can be replaced upon request and the remaining value will be transferred to the new card
- Important: The ICOCA IC Card cannot be used for rides or purchases at locations outside the coverage area
- Use your ICOCA IC Card when shopping by tapping the card on the card reader to complete your purchase. This card is valid for purchases on trains, vending machines, rent coin lockers, convenience stores, and restaurants. Visit the official website for more details
- Use your ICOCA IC Card when riding trains by tapping the card on the gate's ticket reader. The fare will be automatically computed and deducted from your card. If the balance is insufficient, you will be required to add more money to your ICOCA IC Card
- To top-up your ICOCA IC Card visit any Automatic Ticket Vending Machine and Fare Adjustment Machine with an ICOCA logo. Only cash (JPY) can be used to top up the card. Credit/Debit cards cannot be used
- Get discounts on the Kansai Airport Express "Haruka" upon presenting the ICOCA IC card during purchase!
- Try all kinds of gourmet dishes from Osaka during your visit, located near the biggest stations
- Check out the Osaka Amazing Pass to help you explore the city!
- The card has a pre-loaded stored value. You can top-up at any metro or bus stations and/or partner convenience stores
- You can use this card to make cashless payments in select convenience stores, food courts, vending machines, and more
- The ICOCA IC Card cannot be used for rides/purchases at locations outside the coverage area
Q: How can I redeem the voucher?
A: Kindly show mobile or printed voucher as you redeem at EDION NAMBA Tourist Information Center.
Q: May I cancel booking due to weather condition?
A: Full refunds will be issued for cancellations made at least 90 day(s) before the selected activity date.
Q: What are the covered areas for this card?
A: Kansai/Okayama/Hiroshima/Hokuriku/San-in area etc.
Q: How do I change the quantity of the card?
A: Kindly cancel the booking and re-purchase within the validity period.