Mount Emei Day Tour from Chengdu
- Explore the sacred Mount Emei, known as "the fairest mountain among the fair mountains in the world"
- Discover the profound Buddhist culture found throughout Mount Emei in its numerous temples
- Wannian Temple is one of the oldest in the area and is surrounded by abundant natural beauty
- Visit the Bailong Cave Temple, where Buddha statues sit within the cave's chambers among the stalactites
- Stop at the Qinyin Pavilion to take great photos at this traditional Chinese pavilion nestled in the woods
What to expect
This day tour takes you up the sacred mountain Mount Emei, which is one of the biggest destinations for cultural and religious enlightenment in the area outside of Chengdu. Upon arrival at the mountain, you’ll be able to take some lunch before you proceed to explore some of its famous sites. Wannian Temple has a scenic area that you’ll be able to explore. Walk through the paths and grounds and breathe in the serenity that the area possesses. From the bright open grounds, you will go underground when you visit the Bailong Cave Temple. Amidst all the stalactites and the crevices, the temple sits under a low rock ceiling as its figures of Buddha sit resolutely in the dim glow. This trip is then followed by a trip to Qinying Pavilion, which is nestled deep in the woods. It stands elevated above a bubbling stream, with a stone bridge nearby, and has the appearance of that picture-perfect fantasy setting. Make sure you get lovely photos here before you descend the mountain and head back to Chengdu.
Things to note
- Please wear shoes that are suitable for climbing or hiking
- The temperature may vary greatly throughout the day. You are recommended to wear warm and waterproof clothing
- It is recommended that you bring your own snacks