Cai Be, Mekong Delta and Cao Dai Temple Private Day Tour from Ho Chi Minh City
- Immerse yourself in the rich Southern Vietnamese culture in this tour!
- Experience local life in Cai Be, a quiet riverside town by the Mekong Delta
- Visit a small coconut candy and crispy rice popcorn maker and learn how these delicacies are made
- Explore the network of villages and discover a lush orchard and a bountiful fruit plantation
- Watch a live performance of the region's folk music by the courteous local villagers
- Cycle around the town's rural landscape, filled with thick groves of greenery
What to expect
Cai Be is popularly known for its floating market, the region's go-to place for fresh seasonal fruits sold by bulk. But the provincial town is more than just a stop along the Mekong Delta - it's a place filled to the brim with well-preserved Southern Vietnamese culture. Acquaint yourself with this fascinating riverine district through this tour! Make your way to Cai Be via land transfers, with a side trip to Cao Dai Temple in the main province of Tien Giang. This temple is the Cao Dai faith's Holy See, one of the most popular landmarks in Southern Vietnam. From there, arrive at Cai Be just in time for your boat ride to a small factory deep in the forest. See how fresh fruits are made into delicacies, such as coconut candies and crispy rice popcorns. Next, your English-speaking guide will take you to a vast orchard and fruit plantation. Marvel at the expanse of the property and the thousands of ripening produce. Deepen your cultural immersion with a front seat at a traditional show, led by the local villagers. Savor the folk music even after you've arrived at a local restaurant, where you'll get to cook your own lunch. After feasting on a complete meal course, cycle around the village on your own to catch glimpses of the locals' daily lives. Check out a handicraft village for souvenirs and end the tour with a ride back to Ho Chi Minh City.
Things to note
What To Bring:
- Insect repellent