Game of Thrones and Lake Mývatn Private Tour from Akureyri
- Go behind the scenes of Game of Thrones with a tour of Lake Mývatn and its beautiful natural surroundings
- Visit some of the North Iceland’s highlights, such as Kálfaströnd, Dimmuborgir “Dark Castle”, and Grjótagjá
- Walk in the woodland of Höfði for an incredible panoramic view over the land North of the Wall
- Let your imagination run wild on an authentic and personalized tour with a local guide
- Enjoy plenty of time to explore and recreate scenes for yourself and interact with your tour guide!
What to expect
Go behind the scenes of the world famous fantasy TV series Game of Thrones by visiting its famous filming locations at Lake Myvatn in Iceland on this unforgettable private tour. Departing from Akureyri, you will visit some of the most familiar sights as seen from the show. Visit the camp of the Wildlings and follow the footsteps of the noble Night's Watch. After passing by the world-famous Goðafoss Waterfall, you get to see what was known in the show as Milkwater river, past the Fist of the First Men. This is followed by that famous cave where Jon Snow and Ygritte shared their most tender moment, before heading to Vogafjós Farm Resort, where you can have some lunch at your own expense. This area around Myvatn is replete in natural wonders, not the least among which are the Skútustaðagígar Pseudo Craters. This goes the same for your next stops, which are the Dimmuborgir Lava Formations and the Grjótagjá Rift. Your last natural wonder to see is Mt. Námafjall, before the tour ends and you head back to Akureyri.