Tokyo Grand Sumo Tournament
- Learn more about this activity’s Enhanced Health & Hygiene Measures
- Sumo wrestling matches are held in January, May and September annually
- Enhance your knowledge of this 1,500 year old sport from your English speaking guide
- Watch a live sumo match and witness the special rituals that surround the tournament
Most recent review
What to expect
It's arguably the number one thing to do in Tokyo to complete your Japan trip: the unique chance to watch a real sumo match! Soak up the electric atmosphere around Ryogkoku, the prime area for sumo wrestling in Tokyo, as you make your way to the stadium with your coveted ticket in hand for the annual Grand Sumo Tournament. Experience this 1,500 year old Japanese tradition accompanied by the indispensable knowledge of your English speaking guide. You'd better act fast, the event only runs for a couple of weeks in September and tickets sell out very quickly!
Things to note
- Between matches, be sure to check out the area and see championship flags at the arena entrance lobby and the array of sumo memorabilia on display at the Sumo Museu
Q: Can I cancel the booking?
A: Full refunds will be issued for cancellations made at least 9 days prior to the activity.
Q: Which date is available for booking?
A: The available date is provided by the operator, please kindly refer to the date on our webpage.
Q: When will my booking be confirmed?
A: You will receive confirmation of your booking availability within 1 business day. Once confirmed, we will send you the voucher via email.In the event that you do not receive an email from us, please check your Spam folder or notify us via email.
Q: Can I amend this booking?
A: To amend your booking, please contact us at least 9 days before the start of your activity.
Q: Can I amend to another package?
A: We are unable to amend the package. We suggest you to cancel this booking and rebook with the package that you want.