Amritsar Day Tour
- Explore Amritsar in this full day tour, seeing the city, its people, and learning about its history
- Drive through Jallianwala Bagh and learn about the mass massacre ordered by General Dyer
- Visit the Wagah Border and witness the flag down ceremony
- See the magnificent monuments from Golden Temple and visit the kitchen to see the of making Roti
- Eat at Langar and visit age old museums
What to expect
Explore the splendid sights and destinations in Amritsar while accompanied by an expert local guide who will allow you to learn so much more than what is on the surface of this beautiful city. From your hotel, you head first to the famous Golden Temple, one of the most vital structures and key landmarks in the city. As you offer prayers and witness how tea and bread are made in this sacred location, you’ll discover how it has come to be so revered as the holiest gurdwara in the Sikh religion. This is followed by a trip to Jallianwala Bagh, which is a sacred location for all different reasons: the historical events that this garden commemorates calls back to the infamous massacre that took place, under the troops of the British Indian Army. Then you head for the Wagah Border, where a sacred ceremony takes place every day. The lowering of flags here is considered a sacred practice between the two militaries that look after it. It is a somber and touching moment to witness and a great way to cap your tour.