Kota Kinabalu City Half Day Tour
- Move around Malaysia and explore its off-beaten destination in Kota Kinabalu, Sabah!
- Largely located in the northeast of Borneo, Kota Kinabalu is named after its highest mountain, Mount Kinabalu
- See places of interests such as Menara Tun Mustapha, University of Sabah, Sabah Museum, and more!
- Learn about the city's historical and cultural aspects of its indigenous people at Sabah Museum
- Enjoy a brief stop at Signal Hill for an awesome bird's eye view of the city skyline and nearby islands
Most recent review
What to expect
Treat yourself to a short weekend getaway from bustling Kuala Lumpur to the far flung, gorgeous island of Borneo where the city of Kota Kinabalu awaits you! Explore the off-beaten path within Sabah's safe confines and witness the magnificent Malaysian countryside inhabited mostly by immigrants from Indonesia and the Philippines. Visit historical and cultural attractions including the island's major places of worship, Sabah State Mosque and the Kota Kinabalu City Mosque. Take a look into the city's interesting facts and figures at the Sabah Museum, the towering Menara Tun Mustapha, and the University of Sabah. End the day with a brief stopover at the Signal Hill Observatory Platform and be rewarded with relaxing views of the city and its surrounding islands. Bring home a piece of Kota Kinabalu with you on a trip down to the Handicraft Market. This half day journey will give you with new insights and interesting facts about the remote Malaysian island, along with a few remarkable memories, and captivating views of Kota Kinabalu's skyline.
Things to note
- The Handicraft Market is a favoured shopping haunt for locals and tourists. You can purchase gorgeous handicraft when your driver makes a stop at the store if the schedule permits
- If you also want to spend time with nature in Malaysia, check out the Kinabalu Park and Poring Hot Spring!
- Want to look for other things to do in the city? Check out City Night Tour with Seafood Dinner or the beautiful Sunset and City Dinner Cruise
What To Wear:
- Women must be fully covered. Please wear long pants to cover your knees and long-sleeved shirts or bring a shawl/scarf to cover your shoulders
- Men are not allowed to wear shorts
- It is recommended to wear comfortable walking shoes
What To Bring:
- Sun screen protection
- Photo or video camera