The Kremlin Armoury, also known as The Armoury Chamber, is a treasure house and a vital part of the Grand Kremlin Palace's complex. It is situated in the building constructed in 1851 by the famous architect Konstantin Ton. The museum collections were based on the precious items that had been preserved for centuries in the tsars' treasury and the Patriarch’s vestry. Some of the exhibits were made in the Kremlin workshops, others were accepted as ambassadorial gifts. The Armoury Chamber preserves ancient State regalia, ceremonial royal garment and coronation dresses, vestments of the Russian Orthodox Church Hierarchs, the largest collection of gold- and silverware made by Russian craftsmen, West European artistic silver, ceremonial arms and armour, carriages, and horse ceremonial harness. Get to see The State Armoury, which presents more than four thousands items of applied art made in Russia, as well as European and Eastern countries in the 4th to early 20th century. The highest artistic level and particular historical and cultural value of the exhibits have made the Kremlin Armoury of the Moscow Kremlin a renowned world-wide museum.